Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Asprin and HCG don't mix!

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Old news for some but for those of you who are doing your research.

Simple if you do ECA's and are taking hcg for pct or just to keep the old testes up to par for pct than leave the asprin out.

peace.

Aspirin inhibits androgen response to chorionic gonadotropin in humans
Domenico Conte1, Francesco Romanelli1, Silvia Fillo1, Laura Guidetti2, Aldo Isidori1, Francesco Franceschi3, Maurizio Latini1, and Luigi di Luigi2

1 Division of Andrology, Department of Medical Pathophysiology, University "La Sapienza," 00161 Rome; 2 Laboratory of Endocrinological Research, University Institute of Motor Sciences, 00194 Rome; and 3 Department of Orthopedics, Libera Universitá, Campus Biomedico, 00155 Rome, Italy

Eicosanoids play an important role in the regulation of the hypothalamic-pituitary axis; less clear is their role in testicular steroidogenesis. To evaluate the involvement of cyclooxygenase metabolites, such as prostaglandins, in the regulation of human testicular steroidogenesis, we examined the effects of a prostaglandin-blocker, aspirin, on plasma testosterone, pregnenolone, progesterone, 17OH-progesterone, androstenedione, dehydroepiandrosterone, and 17beta -estradiol response to human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) in normal male volunteers in a placebo-controlled, single-blinded study. To test the efficacy of aspirin, seminal prostaglandin E2 levels were also determined. hCG stimulation increased peripheral levels of testosterone, 17OH-progesterone, androstenedione, dehydroepiandrosterone, and 17beta -estradiol, without affecting circulating pregnenolone and progesterone values. Aspirin significantly lowered seminal prostaglandin E2 levels, whereas it did not modify steroid concentrations not exposed to exogenous hCG. Moreover, the drug significantly reduced the response of testosterone, 17OH-progesterone, androstenedione, and dehydroepiandrosterone to hCG, as assessed by the mean integrated area under the curve, whereas it did not influence 17beta -estradiol response. In conclusion, aspirin treatment inhibits androgen response to chorionic gonadotropin stimulation in normal humans. The action of aspirin is probably mediated via an effective arachidonate cyclooxygenase block.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Thanks SHINE, never seen this before.

MAYO

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Is there a translation for us not scientists? :)

Spectrum

Spectrum

Dec 16, 2010
I'll just take the title at face value and not even challenge my ADD by reading that :)
Was not aware there was any contraindication though - thx.

Bowhunter

Bowhunter

Oct 12, 2010
LK: The aspirin blocked the desired effects of the HCG. Meaning hormone levels didn't respond to the HCG when aspirin was being taken.

Number LL

Number LL

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2010
I have read studies where muscle gains are severally hindered by aspirin or any NSAIDS.

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
LK: The aspirin blocked the desired effects of the HCG. Meaning hormone levels didn't respond to the HCG when aspirin was being taken.

When it comes to evaluating "landmark studies" that may alter the course of what you have been doing the devil's in the details!

1st ) This is a VERY limited study with on FOUR PATIENTS per group
2nd) The "P" value is only 0.01 and although statistically significant by convention THE NUMBER OF PATIENTS severely limits the studies application in clinical practice
3rd) The dose of ASA used was a whopping 800MG BID! That is a lot of ASA yet is the dosing range required for ASA is to be used as an anti-inflammatory medication. However the routine dose that most people are accustomed to for "cardiac patients" is 80MG / DAY!
4th) The percent difference in TT levels comparing the ASA + HCG with the PLACEBO (ASA) + HCG was TEN to FIFTEEN.
5th) The patients were NORMAL and NOT hypogonadal as are cyclists needing HCG for PCT.

Overall if your taking a cardiac dose of ASA (80mg/day), as I am, to prevent native arterial thrombosis, this study in NO WAY suggests that practice should cease during PCT.

JIM

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
Hey Shine I really appreciate you taking the time to post the study mate!

myosaurus

myosaurus

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 21, 2010
take the ''A'' out of ECA then problem solved, no big deal. now time to turn my raisons to plums...:weightlift:

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic