Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

ASPCA & PETA

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
My son was home over the weekend and on his way back to college, he hit a deer just down the road. I got a call, "Dad I hit a deer. it's not dead and it keeps trying to get up. Can you get down here fast." So I grabbed my 9MM and a knife and headed down the road. Sure enough, it was struggling to get up and visually exhausted. I told my son that I'm going to shoot it and we'll throw it in the back of the truck. It was over quick.

We hunt. This son shot his first buck with a crossbow at about age 12. He told me last that night he never felt so bad for an animal and was glad I was there to end it's suffering. She didn't go to waste either: managed to get 30 lbs of boned out meat from her.

With 95% of all mature doe successfully bred, I figured she was carrying. This got me thinking, if the ASPCA and PETA want me to lay down my bow, maybe they should stop driving cars. Below is a picture of 3 unborn fawns that were in this doe. That's 4 dead deer right there in one shot.

Most people know PETA's stance on hunting:

"PETA opposes all violence, whether the victims are animals or humans. We inform people about hunting, which is nothing more than a violent form of entertainment that almost no one needs for survival. Hunting disrupts migration and hibernation, tears families apart, and causes animals immense suffering."

We all here love our dogs but if you're a hunter, I'm going to let you in on a not so well mentioned stance the ASPCA has on hunting.

"The ASPCA is opposed to hunting animals for sport, even if the animals killed in this way are subsequently consumed. The ASPCA does recognize that wildlife management may be necessary in situations where animal and human interests collide, but urges that management strategies be nonlethal wherever possible and never include avoidable suffering or distress."

Maybe these two groups need to see how much an animal sufferers from being struck by a vehicle. Better yet, how about a thank you for ending that animals suffering.

HNjUpPk.jpg

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
My city-bred ass doesn't hunt. I let grocery stores do my hunting, so I don't get a vote.
You + I have talked about our shared love for Dogs, I trust your feelings 100%, and I reject extremism from all corners ... including PETA.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
Do those count as Venison?

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Both hypocritical organizations. Hope your son is OK and congrats on the free meat. Too bad about the dead babies but shit happens.

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
I could never kill an animal hunting. They seem so innocent just looking for food. I support hunters and their right to hunt 100%. It’s just not for me. I could never pull the trigger on an innocent animal. To put an animal down out of its misery is the right thing to to, it’s common sense.

PETA is an extreme organization.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I am glad you ended its suffering, I only will kill and animal these days if I have to, however I have hunted in the past and may have to in the future the way the Country is heading.
I always carry and larger calibers in the woods but I also have bear spray and would try a cloud of that first if time permits.
I basically hate all un informed organizations people jump in bandwagons too easily.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Or the suffering from lack of food, habitat, EHG, CWD, etc... If they ever witnessed what happens when herds get out of control and encounter disease, they would definitely change their minds. MO DFW just increased the number of firearm antlerless tags for next year in my state due to increased herd numbers and all of those things I just mentioned.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Both hypocritical organizations. Hope your son is OK and congrats on the free meat. Too bad about the dead babies but shit happens.
He's fine, pissed about the car though. Thanks!

• Haha
Reactions: CFM
The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Or the suffering from lack of food, habitat, EHG, CWD, etc... If they ever witnessed what happens when herds get out of control and encounter disease, they would definitely change their minds. MO DFW just increased the number of firearm antlerless tags for next year in my state due to increased herd numbers and all of those things I just mentioned.
Yeah I'm mean for hunting. They have no idea how brutal Mother Nature is.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
My son was home over the weekend and on his way back to college, he hit a deer just down the road. I got a call, "Dad I hit a deer. it's not dead and it keeps trying to get up. Can you get down here fast." So I grabbed my 9MM and a knife and headed down the road. Sure enough, it was struggling to get up and visually exhausted. I told my son that I'm going to shoot it and we'll throw it in the back of the truck. It was over quick.

We hunt. This son shot his first buck with a crossbow at about age 12. He told me last that night he never felt so bad for an animal and was glad I was there to end it's suffering. She didn't go to waste either: managed to get 30 lbs of boned out meat from her.

With 95% of all mature doe successfully bred, I figured she was carrying. This got me thinking, if the ASPCA and PETA want me to lay down my bow, maybe they should stop driving cars. Below is a picture of 3 unborn fawns that were in this doe. That's 4 dead deer right there in one shot.

Most people know PETA's stance on hunting:

"PETA opposes all violence, whether the victims are animals or humans. We inform people about hunting, which is nothing more than a violent form of entertainment that almost no one needs for survival. Hunting disrupts migration and hibernation, tears families apart, and causes animals immense suffering."

We all here love our dogs but if you're a hunter, I'm going to let you in on a not so well mentioned stance the ASPCA has on hunting.

"The ASPCA is opposed to hunting animals for sport, even if the animals killed in this way are subsequently consumed. The ASPCA does recognize that wildlife management may be necessary in situations where animal and human interests collide, but urges that management strategies be nonlethal wherever possible and never include avoidable suffering or distress."

Maybe these two groups need to see how much an animal sufferers from being struck by a vehicle. Better yet, how about a thank you for ending that animals suffering.

HNjUpPk.jpg
Don't you have to call a warden first before processing a deer when it's been hit by a car ?

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Don't you have to call a warden first before processing a deer when it's been hit by a car ?
Yup, and before putting it down too. Been down that road, waited 20 min for a call back so I could put down a buck. I then told I couldn't shoot it because it was in a safety zone. You ever cut a deer's throat? It's not like on TV and they still need to bleed out. A bullet kills by shock and is over quickly.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic