Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Artery Plaque: can it be removed, shrunk, dissolved over time?

STEAK HELMET

STEAK HELMET

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2010
I keep reading conflicting information:

yes it can be removed...shrunk...or disappear over time with good eating, exercise, and a good quality of life.

What credible information have you guys read or heard about?

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I have read that people who have suffered from prolonged starvation end up with no plaque left in their blood vessels. That tells me the build up can be reversed. But who on earth would starve themselves just to achieve that? And for how long would you have to do it??? A week, a month, longer???

I just read an article by the Harvard Journal on health that LDL is the bad cholesterol and at high levels in the blood it will build up on the walls of blood vessels. You can lower it through diet and exercise. The article recommends a Mediterranean diet and aerobic exercise. Statin drugs can be taken to lower it too. Raising HDL and lowering blood sugar levels can lower LDL as well.

Last edited:
R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
I'm no help at all, but this thread feels familiar. Seem to remember discussion somewhere about "soft plaque" and "hard plaque" and how the differences might affect the "reversible?" question.

Also seen disturbing talk elsewhere on the Net about how too much D3 can exacerbate Calcium plaquing, right when we're all talking about D3 aiding immunity.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
I keep reading conflicting information:

yes it can be removed...shrunk...or disappear over time with good eating, exercise, and a good quality of life.

What credible information have you guys read or heard about?

A keto / carnivore eating pattern is reversing / improving atherosclerosis for many who try it.
There is so much good info available, much of it in articles, and much in videos.
This is hopefully some good ground covered here in general for your interest:

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
I'm no help at all, but this thread feels familiar. Seem to remember discussion somewhere about "soft plaque" and "hard plaque" and how the differences might affect the "reversible?" question.

Also seen disturbing talk elsewhere on the Net about how too much D3 can exacerbate Calcium plaquing, right when we're all talking about D3 aiding immunity.

Supposedly you should take K2 along with D3 supplementation to avoid calcium build up in your arterties.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Supposedly you should take K2 along with D3 supplementation to avoid calcium build up in your arterties.
My next reading assignment. Thank you, CTJ.

Smitty217

Smitty217

Nov 10, 2021
I've heard the same thing and I've been taking K2 morning and night along with D3. When I get my next calcium score I guess I'll see. I'm my own pet project.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
I've heard the same thing and I've been taking K2 morning and night along with D3. When I get my next calcium score I guess I'll see. I'm my own pet project.
Hope you'll come back here and share.
Srs.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
How much of each?

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
From what I researched 200 mcg a day of K2 no matter how much vitamin D3 you take. I take 10000 iu a day of D3.

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
I go outside and get sunshine. Plenty of that here, and it's free. Feelsgood too.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic