Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Aromasin and hair loss in men. Be careful...something you might not know.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
As part of my HRT, I decided to take Aromasin over Arimidex due to many reports of it's positive effects on blood lipids. 25mg E3D.

I began to get paranoid that I was shedding hair. Even my wife commented on finding more hairs on the sheets.....etc.

I had been taking it about 10 weeks.....and decided to switch to Arimidex after finding this on the web. Never knew this.

For those who are taking aromasin, you should be aware that aromasin's primary metabolite, 17-hydroexemestane, acts as a strong androgen, binding to androgen receptors with affinity almost 30 times greater than DHT. See e.g.,

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2005/020753s006lbl.pdf

http://screening.health.unm.edu/pdfs/Ariazi_MCT_2007.pdf

This goes a long way towards explaining why aromasin is popular in BB circles as providing better libido compared to arimidex. However, it also brings up red flags: It appears that it will cause hair loss in susceptible individuals (there are many complaints of hair loss from aromasin among men and even more among women who are taking it). Potentially more serious: We don't know if it might affect prostate health deleteriously or accelerate the growth of prostate cancers. 5-AR inhibitors such as finasteride will not protect against these potential side effects because aromasin is not metabolized by the 5-AR enzyme.

Switching over seems to have stopped the shedding issue. Just wanted to give others the heads up.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Good info... For KBD :p

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Good stuff Mac! new News to me, Thanks for posting bro!
(putting that one in my files!)

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Good stuff Mac! new News to me, Thanks for posting bro!
(putting that one in my files!)

Yea...I know. Before deciding on which AI, I scoured the internet for info. Found all kinds of positive benefits of Aromasin....but never saw this. It is good to know.

I am right up on 40 and still have a full head of hair.....I'd like to keep it. MPB surly runs in my family. Both grandfathers went totally bald down middle and dad has thinned quite a bit in mid 60's.

Not sure if I should consider a DHT blocker.....but have started with Nioxin shampoo along with Nizoral 2%.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
I bet the Nizoral will take care of it and is what I use, let it set about 5 minutes before rinsing out .
I use the 1% 2x EW and it works good.

Try this for a month first, go from there imo. I've seen it cure most, few stubborn cases.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Thanks man.....good to know for sure. Boy once paranoia kicks in, it can drive you nuts. Just knowing that many have had success with just the shampoo eases my mind greatly.

Bigherm21

Bigherm21

Apr 12, 2012
Well Aromasin works way better for me then adex. If I have to lose a little bit of hair so lilHerm works I will. Lol. It's still good info.

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
That is some interesting info... thanks for sharing.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic