Ethan7400
What's New?

Arm-wrestling

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Nice deck, I assume it's higher than it looks?

Reactions: SAD
SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Nice deck, I assume it's higher than it looks?

40” to the surface per regs. It just looks low in that picture, plus I’m holding the camera at my head height which is 6’3”ish. It does feel short, in a good way, when I setup to it. I like feeling up over top of the table. I’m going to give some fuckers hell on March 20th.

Reactions: 5.0
Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
It's a pretty wide span on the hand pegs for FD to hold when you bend him over the table, nice job!

Used to arm wrestle on tall bar tables, nothing better than dragging someone with the table across the room, lol

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Back in the 80's, after I won the All-Valley Karate Championships, and later the Kumite, I also won the All-Valley Arm Wrestling Championship.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Let me catch this thread up right quick.

I didn’t compete at the last event because the promoter decided to hold it a week early and mostly invite only. Left a sour taste in my mouth so I decided I would just organize my own.

So tomorrow, I host a decently large arm wrestling tournament at a local venue here in my hometown. The current reigning state champion in the super heavyweight class will be refereeing the matches and there will be a handful of ranked guys coming in to snap up the money I’ve generated for prizes. Had a few local business owner/friends donate over $1000 to the eventual winners of both left and right.

To be clear, I AM arm wrestling in the tournament, and I’m going to give myself the absolute hardest path to victory so it doesn’t look fixed in case I win. My first matchup is with the number 4 super heavyweight in the state, and a guy that should beat me 7/10 times if he can avoid the strap. But he’s not ready for me in the strap, I dare say very few are. If I can slip and get to the strap, which takes a lot of the wrist and hand out and becomes more of a horsepower/total body strength war, I might have a chance to win and get ranked right away.

On the other hand, there is a decent chance I get murdered in the first two matches and then I can just concentrate on having a good time and making sure everyone else is as well, hahaha.

If we’re close, shoot me a PM and I’ll let you know how to watch the stream. It’ll be starting at noon pacific time.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Good luck dudder, I'll be on the field yelling at 11 and 12 yo's all day and hopefully their parents too :)

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Not much of an arm wrestler personally, but always enjoy watching it.
That Devon Larratt dude is a hydraulic machine of a beast! Bizarre arm development.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Good luck dudder, I'll be on the field yelling at 11 and 12 yo's all day and hopefully their parents too :)

Well I’m glad you didn’t watch because if you sneezed or blinked for too long, I was out. Faced the #4 guy in the state on my first, tried to slip, damn near had my thumb ripped off, and lost. Got sent to the loser bracket, then drew the same monster who had just got sent to the B bracket by the eventual winner. He of course beat me again and that was that! Lol. Good turn out though, great matches, no injuries (besides my pride), and a great time all around. Very humbling but motivating as well.

I’ve got about 4 months before my next planned event. The plan is to drop to 242, maybe even 220. I weighed in at 257 yesterday which put me in the super heavy class and I was by far the lightest guy in that class. I’m not that fat though so 220 might be a stretch

Not much of an arm wrestler personally, but always enjoy watching it.
That Devon Larratt dude is a hydraulic machine of a beast! Bizarre arm development.

He’s one of the best of all time but mostly because of his intelligence and gamesmanship. His forearms have some of the weirdest but most impressive striations and formations and bulbations (I’m just making words up now) but seriously, uncanny hand and wrist strength. Best endurance of all time maybe as well. He’s passed the torch in recent years but has been a phenomenal ambassador to the sport.

I’ll give y’all a name to watch and in the coming years, he’ll be on ESPN super matches shocking the arm wrestling world. Chance Shaw. 22yr old kid I’ve had the chance to meet and arm wrestle with and he’s insanely strong and 100% natty (which in the arm wrestling community is not the norm at his level).

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic