pbtom
What's New?

Arm Workouts, TID Post them up

Grumpyfit

Grumpyfit

MuscleHead
Jun 7, 2012
What does "TID" means?
Where do You want to start. Hang around awhile, you'll grow to know people. develop opinions, stereo-type people, you'll laugh at people, you'll feel others pain, you'll sit and celebrate others accomplishments, you'll learn the right way and the wrong way to do exercises, engage with diets, learn the latest break-throughs. These are just a few. Mainly IMHO, it's a community that has evolved into friendships that can endure.

N

noobly

Mar 24, 2015
It's an acronym for the board you're posting on: The Iron Den

Where do You want to start. Hang around awhile, you'll grow to know people. develop opinions, stereo-type people, you'll laugh at people, you'll feel others pain, you'll sit and celebrate others accomplishments, you'll learn the right way and the wrong way to do exercises, engage with diets, learn the latest break-throughs. These are just a few. Mainly IMHO, it's a community that has evolved into friendships that can endure.

I guess that question fits my name... I am sorry, it was totally noobly hehe.

Thanks

CelluliteBurned

CelluliteBurned

Jun 24, 2015
This is a good routine that you follow but keep in mind one should take rest too.

Wunderpus

Wunderpus

Nov 20, 2015
Gents,

I've been trying the Lee Priest model for a bit. I have always had lagging bi's and tri's, and overstated shoulders (aesthetic nightmare).

Here's the routine I've been following, the growth has been incredible compared to all other routines I've followed. I switch up the order a bit, of course-

Concentration Curls - 5 x 6-8
Close Grip Bench- 7 x 6-8
Barbell curls- 7 x 6-8
DB extensions- 5 x 6-8
DB curls- 5 x 6-8
Skull crushers- 5 x 6-8
Preacher curls- 5 x 6-8 supersetted with seated underhand pull downs, high weight, to failure
V cable press- 5 x 6-8 SS with close dips to failure
1 arm DB preachers - 5 x 6-8
DB hammer curls- 5 x 6-8
Barbell wrist curls - 3 x 25+
Reverse curls - 5 x (varied, changed up the weights, to failure each time)

It's a lot of volume, but my arms and legs respond best to volume.

A

aperry580

Oct 1, 2015
i don't hit bis all the time but when I do this is what has worked great for me
long bar curls 15 12 10 6 15 15 obviously pyramiding up and down in weight
dumbbell preachers 4x10
preacher hammers 4x10
incline dumbbell 3x12
some kind of machine with light weight to really blast the blood in 2x25-35

for tris
close grip 5x5
skullies 4x12
reverse hammers 4x12
overhead extension 3x15
weighted dips 3xfailure

E

endex0507

Jan 6, 2016
Hey Guyz.
I'm new to this kindda thing n am extremely keen to share learn n evolve are an holistic bodybuilder.
As an older guy, 49, haven't been interested in 'numbers' for years (weight used, as long as it's going up. Bodyweight. Measurements etc.)
My kids got a tape measure in a Christmas cracker this year so I measured my 'guns' on Christmas Day. GUESS WHAT? Suddenly i'm all about the numbers!!! LOL!!!
19 at the mo, gonna stick an inch on for Christmas Day 2016. Here's my current routine. As Bis n Tris get battered during larger body part training, specific work is short sharp n 'intense to f..k!' (how butch am I?)
I'm all about instinctive training.

EZ Bar Curls
Sets 'between 3 n 5
Rep's highish 'between 20 to 8
Weight varies depending on all variables, last set around 10 lbs

Standing One Arm Cable Curls
Sets 3 ish per arm
Rep's are high, 20 to 15
Weight genuinely don't know (or care actually) go by feel.
INSANE PUMP! Gonna hit 20 by Christmas easily.
Gotta take my kids shoppin now (single Dad duties) will past Tris later.
Thanks for reading.
Love n Peace
Ex

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
Here is a Sample of once I used to use a lot on Arm Day.. When I actually did Arm day...lol

I was a HUGE Fan of DC Training and I liked the FST-7 idea as well... So....

Warm up with Alt. DB Curls and Rope Pressdowns.. A few light sets

Main Exercises.. Below are Samples... Just pick Mass Builders
Preacher Curls or Standing Straight Bar Curls DC Style (Rest Pause) - 15 Reps over 3 sets
Skull Crushers or Close Grip Bench DC Style (Rest Pause) - 15 Reps over 3 sets

Next FST-7 Super Set these two... This is Key
Spider Curls, Cons. Curls, Cable Curls, Hammer Curls....7 sets of 12......FST-7
Machine Tricep Ext, Machine Dips, Pressdowns 7 sets of 12....FST-7

Forearms. 4x25 of BB Wrist Curls Depending if I did Hammer Curls above. I would add some here. Or I liked Pin wheels too.

If you have never done FST-7 or Rest Pause.. Read...

Rest Pause is 15 reps totaled from 3 sets. with only 15sec rest between sets. Should look something like this 8+4+2 =14
Each week you try and bet yourself. Try for more weight or more reps. Depending on reps you got week before.

FST-7 is even easier. It's 7 Sets total. Each Set you use what ever weight is needed to get 12 reps. If you can't get 12 reps, drop the weight. Basically turns into a massive Drop set.

This worked very well for me for many years. Aslong as you keep a log and look back and try to beat yourself every week. It will work for you.

E

endex0507

Jan 6, 2016
Afternoon Crew.
Here's a sample of the Tri Fry i'm using to get that inch by Christmas.
Big fan of utilising a compound move, an extension and a peak contraction.
Probably change exercises every 3rd/4th workout.
No secrets, not rocket science, don't try n over think or complicate what is a reletively simple process.

Close Grip Bench Press
Sets 4 to 6
Rep's 20/25 down to 12/15
Weight start light light light! Work up to around 275 ish.

Tate Press (old school or what!)
Sets 3
Rep's 15/12
Weight work up to 135 or so.

Single Arm Cable Press Downs
Sets 3 each arm
Rep's 25/20
Weight no idea, don't even loom where I put pin. If it's too light or heavy I change it accordingly. (Tris don't know or care what weights on the end of the cable!)
As I said in the Bi post, hugely instinctive re training. I think it comes with years n years in 'The Belly Of The Beast'.

Love n peace
Ex

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic