Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Arimidex or Aromasin for on cycle estrogen balancing?

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
I know A-dex has been used for years for on cycle estrogen balancing and that most people prefer to use aromasin on pct.

Personally, i am going to use aromasin along with nolva for my next pct, dosed at 12,5mgs eod and 20mgs ed respectively and see how that goes.

I am also going to run aromasin along with HCG while i wait for the steroid esters to clear. It is said to lowed SHBG by 20% at dosages in the range of 25mgs ed.

Rumor has it that aromasin causes less internal side effects that a-dex does.

What are your thoughts/experiences on the subject?

G

Greenmonster

Sep 28, 2010
Aromasin is superior to adex in my opinion. Asin doesnt have any negative effects on lipids, or have a risk of estrogen rebound when stopped. I have used all kinds of adex and it has never taken away the sensitive nips on cycle. It has kept water off of me, and that was at a dose of .5-1mg/day. Asin also has been shown to cause an increase in igf-1 levels during usage as well. I run 12.5mg/day when running test doses of 750mg-1g/wk, and have no estrogen issues. In all fairness though, asin may be too strong for some to use when in the 500mg/wk range. I have seen some that had aching joints, lethargy, and reduced gains on 12.5mg/day when running lower test doses. Guess it just depends on how one reacts to it.

jdjack

jdjack

MuscleHead
Sep 22, 2010
A-sin works better but knocks down E a bit more than A-dex. A-sin also increases free T in your blood. Both work, but A-sin IMO is the best out there for controlling but not killing E (killing E would be Letro).

Bowhunter

Bowhunter

Oct 12, 2010
I've been on arimidex for a couple of years now using my HRT protocol and have had no sides at all. But my dosage is pretty small compared to others.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Good thread...I have yet to use Asin, but am considering it for my next run.

AWARE72

AWARE72

MuscleHead
Oct 17, 2010
I'm running 750mg of test with some other things right now and have been running 10mg of Aromasin. Seem to be a good balance for me at this point...

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Aromasin is for sure the best to end a cycle with and use as a part of your pct, no increase with the aromatase protein or expression with this one as well no negative effiects on IGF. ( and the lowering of shbg is definitely a positive during cycle and post) Don't be a fraid to use this one a couple weeks past your other pct ancillaries

Most studies show anastazole lowering igf a bit but in higher doses, however arimidex does increases aromatase activity but not enzyme levels. This one is my second choice for that reason. ( less chance of estrogen rebound pct)

Letro is great if your going to do a crazy mix like nandrolone with tren and test, actualy reduses the PR and expression as well as estrogen (gyno problems, absolutely use letro). Like mentioned this one can drive E levels to low so start with very low doses with this one. Bad thing is it's been shown to cause an increase in the aromatase enzyme/protein and expression which would make it a bad choice near the end of a cycle imo. (high aromatase can lead to estrogen rebound)

I've used all three different cycles, for what it's worth I prefer aromasin.

Last edited:
Deacon

Deacon

Old School Meso Vet
Oct 29, 2010
aromasin would be the better choice of the two - if you need then and can get it choose aromasin

fact is that adex has always been rather mild so it has been a safer choice for those who need an AI - where letro is almost always pretty harsh for many users - I think that in respect to bang for your buck aromasin is the choice - although I have never been a personal fan of using AI's for PCT

Last edited:
AWARE72

AWARE72

MuscleHead
Oct 17, 2010
^^^ ya you guy got we wondering why run a AI during PCT? I'll be doing my PCT at the first of the year and my basic plan is to stop everything but Test in about 5 weeks then over the next 5 weeks tapper my test dose down to nothing and at the same time ramp up my AI 20mg/D of aromasin last couple weeks, until the start of PCT. The idea being when I start PCT to have no test or estrogen in my system and work on getting them both on line together and balanced. Does that make sense...

Sorry did not mean to hijack your thread...

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
^^^ ya you guy got we wondering why run a AI during PCT? I'll be doing my PCT at the first of the year and my basic plan is to stop everything but Test in about 5 weeks then over the next 5 weeks tapper my test dose down to nothing and at the same time ramp up my AI 20mg/D of aromasin last couple weeks, until the start of PCT. The idea being when I start PCT to have no test or estrogen in my system and work on getting them both on line together and balanced. Does that make sense...

Sorry did not mean to hijack your thread...

Sounds like your headed in the right direction but-------------------

Why not switch your test to the propionate ester rather than fool with a taper, It's easier to pinpoint the half-life (coming off of prop than enan, cyp and others) I now use HRT , I'm old lol but when I did pct prop made pinpointing pct much easier.

And good call with using aromasin past hcg,clo,nolva, Those may prime the hpt but aromasin will help to normalize things keeping shbg down for one and showing now back lash of the aromatase enzyme and high levels once aromasin is discontinued. (and aromatase will be high post cycle which can lead estrogen dominance making recovey much slower)

Last edited:
Deacon

Deacon

Old School Meso Vet
Oct 29, 2010

yes but you dont really want to do it - read up on estro rebound and the horror stories that go with it - you are much better to have more estro than less when going into PCT - the body will regulate its levels during PCT but to try and bring both up from nothing to regular? I dont think you will enjoy the experience - off hand I think Lewwellynn talked about that in length somewhere - several of the gurus have even stated that is why you do not want to use an AI at all during PCT - it is way to easy to prohibit the estro to much and in most opinions of the experts this you do not want to do -
sure it looks good in theory but some estro needs to be in the body at all times - dont risk driving it to low with an AI at PCT

AWARE72

AWARE72

MuscleHead
Oct 17, 2010
Sounds like your headed in the right direction but-------------------

Why not switch your test to the propionate ester rather than fool with a taper, It's easier to pinpoint the half-life (coming off of prop than enan, cyp and others) I now use HRT , I'm old lol but when I did pct prop made pinpointing pct much easier.

And good call with using aromasin past hcg,clo,nolva, Those may prime the hpt but aromasin will help to normalize things keeping shbg down for one and showing now back lash of the aromatase enzyme and high levels once aromasin is discontinued. (and aromatase will be high post cycle which can lead estrogen dominance making recovey much slower)

LOL...now that you mention short esters...I'm currently using a blend of C/E I was thinking about dropping that for Test A and run that 5 weeks before I start PCT. My tought with a tapper was to bring levelsdown slowly so that I did not go from 750mg/W to nothing. That would be a good shock. I'm working on my PCT plan right now, once I get my game plan set up I'll post it up...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic