Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Are You F'ing Kidding Me? Dogs in the Gym

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
In the gym today, 24 Hour Fitness, two chicks walked in with an adult German Shepherd. I'm sure they told staff it was an emotional support animal, in which case there's really nothing they can do to prevent it or they risk an ADA lawsuit.

I was torn between keeping my mouth shut and saying something, but I kept my mouth shut for now.

Anyone else see people bringing their dogs to the gym?

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
In the gym today, 24 Hour Fitness, two chicks walked in with an adult German Shepherd. I'm sure they told staff it was an emotional support animal, in which case there's really nothing they can do to prevent it or they risk an ADA lawsuit.

I was torn between keeping my mouth shut and saying something, but I kept my mouth shut for now.

Anyone else see people bringing their dogs to the gym?

Dog hater.

But seriously. Yea, a few people bring their dogs occasionally, even the coaches. But this is a small gym with relatively few people. Everyone loves the dogs, including me. They don't run around and get underfoot, though. They are kept tied up over by the cubbies usually. If it's just a few people that are known in to be alright with it, sometimes they'll cut them loose to roam and boop things.

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
There’s this old couple, really old in a wheelchair and a walker and they have an assistant with them and also their beagle at the gym. I love seeing dogs. I would love to see more dogs in the gym. It makes me happier. and it’s not even a service dog just a regular dog.

people who don’t like dogs or don’t want to be around them I do not trust. they’re always suspect to me.

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
Ahem...beef...I'm not a dog hater. I love dogs. This dog was a German Shepherd...which was the last dog we had.

What I don't like is the idea that my water bottle is being set on the floor where a dog's butt just was, picking up dog hair on my clothes, etc.

This is a crowded chain gym (because that's pretty much all we have in So Cal). People bring their dogs everywhere, and it's out of control. Was just in the supermarket the other day, where it's illegal to have emotional support dogs, and a dog had just taken a shit in the checkout line and someone had slipped and fell in it. While the manager was cleaning it up, someone walked in with a giant standard poodle.

Love dogs, but there has to be a line somewhere on where people can bring them, and I think that crowded gyms are inappropriate places for dogs, especially big dogs.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Ahem...beef...I'm not a dog hater. I love dogs. This dog was a German Shepherd...which was the last dog we had.

What I don't like is the idea that my water bottle is being set on the floor where a dog's butt just was, picking up dog hair on my clothes, etc.

This is a crowded chain gym (because that's pretty much all we have in So Cal). People bring their dogs everywhere, and it's out of control. Was just in the supermarket the other day, where it's illegal to have emotional support dogs, and a dog had just taken a shit in the checkout line and someone had slipped and fell in it. While the manager was cleaning it up, someone walked in with a giant standard poodle.

Love dogs, but there has to be a line somewhere on where people can bring them, and I think that crowded gyms are inappropriate places for dogs, especially big dogs.

I was just yanking your chain. I honestly would have never thought of dog butt and water bottles, though. Sounds like you might be a bit on the cleaner side than I. I'll put my mouth on anything that isn't a penis.

T

thehulk

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2022
LOL come on PV. That dog’s ass is the cleanest thing that touches a gym mat…considering the number of MRSA outbreaks, staph infections, and dozens of other bacterial infections that often occur in gyms and other athletic facilities….the risk profile of other human’s asses is probably 100 fold.

I agree dogs shouldn’t be wandering around for the safety of the dog, but I wouldn’t sweat the the gym mats.

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
Funny you made this post. A woman brought her dog in the gym today, it was a golden retriever I think. Not sure why she needed a dog, as its none of my business. But it very well could be an emotional support animal. I dont see any harm in it. It was on a leash, and the dog just sat on the floor while she worked out.

Rock Diesel

Rock Diesel

Mar 16, 2022
I worked out at a small gym years ago and this guy would always bring his dog. He kept him close by, so he wasn't wandering around. Didn't seem like an emotional support animal, but who knows. I would have had a problem if it crapped on the floor and I had to suck that stench in while trying to squat, but thankfully that never happened.

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
I've been to multiple smaller more hardcore lifting gyms and boxing gyms that had gym dogs that were either an owner's or a regular's.

Can't say there's a public place that wouldn't be made better with a dog hanging out.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
What I find crazy is there is no license for a therapy or emotional support dog so all these nuts pretend their dog is one and take it to restaurants and such. You can always tell the ones that are fake. They do not behave.

Our gov says you cannot ask if it is or not and do not have to show credentials. It's crazy. I should not have to listen to some entitled woman's Pomeranian bark while I try to eat dinner at a restaurant

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
I prefer dogs in restaurants.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
people who don’t like dogs or don’t want to be around them I do not trust. they’re always suspect to me.
I've been a dog owner. I don't hate dogs, but I could dislike selfish people not considering people with allergies or fear of dogs.
I travel, mostly on my motorcycle, so having a dog doesn't work for me. But I could have dog, hire a dog sitter, but that makes so much sense......lol

I have a problem with unstable people requiring a dog everywhere they go. They are always suspect to me.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic