Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Are There Any Coaches That Advocate 3 to 4 Meals Per Day Instead of 6 to 8?

88fiona

88fiona

Established Member
Nov 2, 2010
An odd question yes. My best friend wants an on and off season coach that will do this instead of the usual 6 to 8. She has 2 children, works 12 hour days and is very tight on time for food preparation and eating.

I like this idea myself but I know of no coaches that do this.

Any suggestions?

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
Yeah, protein powder in between meals

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
Intermittant Fasting was the catch phrase a couple years ago - but the point is that there are approaches to eating a structured diet that work for people who do shift work and such. This site mentions 5 variations, LeanGains being the one most frequently referenced on muscle boards (at least what I've seen): http://dailyburn.com/life/health/intermittent-fasting-methods/

But the easy answer is the basic one, esp for people who are not familiar w/ the usual "bodybuilding lifestyle" - 3 standard meals and supplemental "snacks" so you still end up eating every 3-ish hours.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Yes, there are still plenty of trainers that do 3 meals, but as Sassy said, they are typically coupled with IM (Intermittent fasting).

In fact, I have been doing IM for the last few years and will never go back to 6+ meals a day again. No snacks in between necessary. I eat at 1pm, 5pm and 9pm. I have prepped for a show using it as well and did very well with it. A friend of mine got his natural pro card after prepping with IF as well. A lot of us couple it with IIFYM (If it fits your macros) to make it a "life style diet" that Joe/Jane Blow will think is a normal diet.

Meathead.

Meathead.

VIP Member
Apr 1, 2011
I coach women both average client seeking to lose weight and get fit and competitors
every one has their own meal
plan so whether it be 4 meals
Or 7

if she's looking

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic