Kiddorism
What's New?

Are Quad Injections A Bad Idea?

BLTC

BLTC

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2010
Sup Fellas

In the process of learning the best way to self admin TRT I came across this video by dave palumbo where he vehemently bashes quad injections. Being that I'm a newb when it comes to sticking myself I naturally assumed quads would be easiest as they're right in front of you and there's no twisting required.

Dave makes some very valid points and obviously has decades of experience being a pin cushion.

What's your take on this?

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
I might be the only one but. 1. Muscle fiber is muscle fiber absorption can't be different and if so why and how much difference. 2. Blood vessels really we don't have those in our flutes, delts, tricrp's? 3 nerves... Lots of nerves... See #2 above.

I call BS on his brologic.

That's my opinion.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Yet he's got no problem telling people to pop 1000mg of Augmentin if they "think" they might have an infection. How about we don't encourage people to help make more Multi-drug resistant organisms. I've seen plenty of deltoid abscesses/infections and plenty of people with wicked sciatica from glute injections. Dave is grabbing at straws here IMO. If you use sterile technique, sterile draw and inject needles and clean your injection sites with alcohol or even better "chloraprep" the quads are no different than any other muscle group.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Have pinned my quads for over 15 years.....Slin pin......

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Just my personal experience but I don't like quads because of what I do and my legs will hurt for days. I teach Gracie Jiu-jitsu and its hard when my legs feel like they have a baseball under the skin. My glutes don't get that sore and neither do delts. Maybe I should try the slin pin as FD said. I've only tried 25g x 1"

BLTC

BLTC

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2010
OK.....your replies are what I was hoping to hear. Thanks

I was also wondering. Do you guys stretch or bunch the skin or just plunge away?

I teach Gracie Jiu-jitsu and its hard when my legs feel like they have a baseball under the skin.

How much oil are you using?

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
OK.....your replies are what I was hoping to hear. Thanks

I was also wondering. Do you guys stretch or bunch the skin or just plunge away?

How much oil are you using?

Only have tried 1ml in the quads. Same for delts. With glutes I can go 2.5-3ml but I generally like to keep any injection at 2ml or less if I can.

M

metsfan4life

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2014
I avoid the quads at every possible cost. I seem to always knot up, hit a nerve, or just have a hard time using the quads period. Can only do certain esters in the shoulders. I primarily use the glutes and rotate left -right - up - down and usually no issue and if there is, thats when I will hit a delt or the quad at last option

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
When I started TRT I was taught quads and continue to use them on cycle (rotating) too. I've gone up to 1.5ml. I've gone from a larger needle to a smaller one and I warm up my injection with a heating pad before plunging. Most of the time I'm good (now with the changes) but occasionally my muscle balks.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
I have no problem slin'n my quads with up to 6iu's. 6-10 can result in some mild PIP. Injecting >1ml using a 25ga or larger causes swelling, enough swelling to break blood vessels while working my quads.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
I've had a couple knots using quads but vg has been good to go every time

ValeTudo8080

ValeTudo8080

VIP Member
Aug 31, 2011
personally only use quads for hcg and hgh....i avoid them for oils....but everyone is different.

i have known many people to use quads for oils and have no problems

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic