Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Are heart rate monitors worth it

S

stevemc

Nov 19, 2011
Hey bros I was wondering do you guys get any use out of these watch monitor. I was gifted a heart rate monitor s7 and was wondering how bunk or incorrect these really are.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Imo for a bodybuilder just doing some cardio no. Use the talk test to estimate where you are at.

If you are a competitive endurance athlete then sure get some metrics to validate your training methods.

TenaciousA

TenaciousA

TID Lady Member
Mar 31, 2013
I am absolutely addicted to my Fitbit surge or whatever the **** this is, but that's because I'm just lazy and don't want to work too hard when I'm doing cardio.

Every gadget in life has its place, it's just how useful is it for you at the end of the day? As it was gifted though, play around with it and see you what data you can surmise - the scientist in me loves to mess with myself and if you're the same way it might be a fun little tool.

#thatswhatshesaid

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I am absolutely addicted to my Fitbit surge or whatever the **** this is, but that's because I'm just lazy and don't want to work too hard when I'm doing cardio.

Every gadget in life has its place, it's just how useful is it for you at the end of the day? As it was gifted though, play around with it and see you what data you can surmise - the scientist in me loves to mess with myself and if you're the same way it might be a fun little tool.

#thatswhatshesaid

Lol God forbid we work to hard doing cardio (not sarcastic at all here)

matthewk04

matthewk04

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2013
Hey bros I was wondering do you guys get any use out of these watch monitor. I was gifted a heart rate monitor s7 and was wondering how bunk or incorrect these really are.

My my wife has a polar watch one where she attaches a strap around her chest. And she loves it. Almost never works out without it. Then she begged me for the fitbit charge hr. Right after I bought it it came out that it doesn't read heart rates accurately during workouts and by wearing both she has found this go be true. Sucks for something that was so pricey. I was thinking of upgrading to one myself instead if the cheap jawbone pedometer I wear but now I won't be doing so.

alpha

alpha

VIP Member
May 1, 2012
The answer to this question is all about the goals you are looking to achieve. If you are not trying to increase your vo2 max, become competitive in an endurance sport etc, then it really won't do much for your training. If you just want to buy it to check and compare your cardiac heart rate decreases based off timed rest intervals, that's fine too, go for it.

It's like asking if a dumbbell is worth the money. It's just another training tool to help accomplish certain goals.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic