B

bigdaddy6900

Sep 18, 2019
No vendors though apparently bop is dead as well

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
Some forums have died, that’s for sure. But some of those forums deserved to die and I shed no tears for them when they did.

Well said.

The open source boards back in the day did a ton of damage to the online BB community. I couldn't believe how careless some of those were.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
I have been involved in these boards since the early 90's with USENET and then mailing lists. I was even owner of Weights - 2 and a Nutrition list that I can't remember the name. These two were very big then but there was also not much available at the time. With the invention of the forum type boards, things really took off and the mailing lists died off. I think the market got saturated and people started using other methods to communicate. Somehow I got REDDIT stuff sent to me but I have never posted and honestly know nothing about it. While I have seen so many boards come and go but there are still a very few that are active.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
I think BB and PL is giving way to general fitness and diet. IMO The rate that guys approaching middle age dropping out is greater than the rate of new guys coming in.

This maybe just the views of an older guy but the younger men doesn't care how they look with their shirt off or how the young woman look in a bikini. It's not like it use to be. When I, at 53 y.o. go to the beach and look better than most 20 something, there's a fuukin problem.

Don't believe me, ask Bundy how loaded the NJ beaches were with quality tail years back. Now I can't even bring a hoagie to the beach for fear of regurgitating it.

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
I don't go to any other forums. Just TID.

While it has slowed down on here a bit, the quality of the posts remains high quality and the historic threads are golden. I couldn't do what I do without TID.

same here

TID is home and not for a lot of you it would be dead

im not dead yet so ill keep coming by

R

Realize

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2010
Same here, I'm finally back in the gym again so hopefully I'll be posting more. Father time and life has been getting in the way.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic