Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Appropriate Gift

Mondo

Mondo

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2015
I'm familiar with the Macallan. Can't go wrong with it.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I like the idea of a good bottle of scotch or another type of alcohol if you happen to know he prefers quality tequila or bourbon.

It shows that you recognize he did you a favor, but it's not going overboard. He's your friend, and I'm sure he was happy to pass along the opportunity.

Congratulations again!

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I changed my mind. You drink the booze and eat the steak. Give him a free night with your wife. Anything goes.

myosaurus

myosaurus

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 21, 2010
In the professional world, when someone looks after you, you are absolutely right to express your gratitude and do something for them in kind. He not only turned you on to the job but also vouched for you as a reference. He did most of the legwork and you got yourself hired.

Considering the position you have been hired on for is a bump in status as well as a significant bump in salary, I would let him know exactly how appreciative you are.

I don't know the specifics of the situation or exactly how much money this is for you, but if it is significant, do the right thing and hook the man up. This is one of those times you want to go a little over on.

Being a scotch guy, I'd go with a great bottle of scotch for sure. That's a man thing. But I'd also do something for the guy that he can enjoy with his wife or family as what he did for you not only impacted your life but likely bettered the lives of your family as well.

Tickets to a cool show, a nice dinner for his family somewhere, or something that is an experiential gift that he will enjoy and remember and not just a material gift.

That way he has something in hand for himself and something to share with his loved ones.

Can't go wrong. You know him, none of us do. Anything you choose to give and/or do for him will be appreciated, I am sure.

Congrats on the new job homie.

suck my balls.[/QUOTE]

QUOTE]

hahahahahaha I knew there was something seriously wrong with this post until I saw this![/

matthewk04

matthewk04

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2013
Honestly I think any thoughtful gift would be more than enough. I've been in a position to help people I really trust get jobs and I was more than overjoyed to do it. In fact I'm sure him bringing in someone highly capable reflects well on him. I know it did for me. It's when the "buddy" who you don't have the upmost confidence in asks for the help or reference that makes things difficult.

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
very true matty... there's always that ONE friend you would rather not "help"

congrats again LK... you have done well my friend!

biguglynewf

biguglynewf

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2010
You're missing the maple syrup LK.

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
Congrats on the New VP spot.... anything to show, him that you appreciate the help will be recognized. I have helped guy who I thought were good friends, and they have just moved on with out any kind of thanks. I guess it just shows me what they are really like. Its been 6 months with no word, but before I got them hired IT was every few days I would get news from the. Just have to be a duck and let if role off your back.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic