Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Anyone Watching the Derek Chauvin Trial?

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Been watching the trial off and on. At first, the prosecution blitzed jurors with testimony piling on Chauvin, but the last couple days, I think the defense has countered well. I'm beginning to think the defense has a "puncher's chance" at getting an acquittal. The question will be is how the jurors take the totality of evidence presented or have they already been overwhelmed with the prosecution's laundry list of testimony.

Some interesting takes I got from watching were the fact other angles indicate Chauvin's knee was not on Floyd's neck but on his shoulder blade. Both the chief of police and the FBI use of force expert witness were redirected and confirmed the appearance of Chauvin's knee on Floyd's shoulder blade rather than neck. Also, the ER physician that originally claimed hypoxia or aphyxia from the use of force was redirected that both methamphetamines and fentanyl lead to respiratory distress, and the defense reminded jurors that Floyd's blood toxicology indicated 3x the lethal dose of fentanyl.

Throw in that flood had 3/4 of his main arteries blocked, he was a walking time bomb. The whole "I can't breath" angle was shown that Floyd was saying this prior to being pulled from the squad car. Audio from one of the body cameras also can be heard, "I ate a bunch of drugs."

Just interesting I guess. I think Chauvin will be the scapegoat, and he will also get tagged for failing to render aid including life saving measures, but it's interesting how much the media will report on the aforementioned. Just wondered what you guys thought about the trial.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Haven’t been able to watch any and I don’t trust the media to give me the recaps, so I’m pretty happy that you’ve given me as fair a report on it as I’m likely to get.

Wish I had more to add, other than saying the same thing I said during the Treyvon Martin/Zimmerman trial...just because it’s a tragedy and somebody died, doesn’t mean that somebody must be punished for it. Sometimes shit happens and there’s no need to further compound the problem(s).

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Either way, expect rioting and looting from the party of love and peace
Grab me a new TV please :)

I turn the news off every time it comes on because I find myself yelling at the TV and that leads to my wife yelling at me. Yeah, let me take a bunch of drugs, go try and pass off some fake cash then start an argument and struggle with cops. Darwin award for 2020 goes to this asshat.

NavyChief

NavyChief

VIP Member
Sep 26, 2013
Regardless of what any of us think or what the media portrays here, Chauvin is fukked. His own Chief testified that what he did was NOT police trained, and that it was excessive and not a appropriate use of force.

In the end this is what the jury will remember.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Throw in that flood had 3/4 of his main arteries blocked, he was a walking time bomb. The whole "I can't breath" angle was shown that Floyd was saying this prior to being pulled from the squad car. Audio from one of the body cameras also can be heard, "I ate a bunch of drugs."

Just interesting I guess. I think Chauvin will be the scapegoat, and he will also get tagged for failing to render aid including life saving measures, but it's interesting how much the media will report on the aforementioned. Just wondered what you guys thought about the trial.

I'm wondering if the defense will go for EXD?...With him (Floyd) being on drugs to the point of the threshold of OD'ing, and claiming he couldn't breath BEFORE Chauvin executed the move, it would be hard not to!...

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
His own Chief testified that what he did was NOT police trained, and that it was excessive and not a appropriate use of force.

I didn't understand his chief saying that?....When u look at the vid, it appears that Chauvin executed the move perfectly!...Also, i think Chauvin suspected Floyd of having EXD....If so, then Chauvin did EXACTLY what he should have done!....

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
I think they are really pushing for reasonable doubt. They cross examined the FBI use of force expert, the police chief and the ER doc. Pointed out that his knee was on the shoulder blade and not the neck. No trauma to his trachea.
The ER doc was basically forced to backtrack and admit that both drugs in his system were at high levels and levels that were lethal and could make him hypoxic.
I agree, this all may fall on deaf ears and the media needs a scapegoat but it would be crazy to think that Chauvin’s actions alone killed him. They also found fentanyl pills on the squad car floor that had Floyd’s DNA on it.
I would say at the very least, the defense has made this very interesting.
IF anyone is being objective, Floyd was having distress before he was taken to the ground.
Also ironic is the drug dealer refusing to testify. But the girlfriend did and admitted they had purchased from this guy before and had bad reactions to the drugs he purchased.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
The thing is that if he gets off there's gonna be crazy rioting and constant racism talk for months.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Fuck no. I don't want to even hear any of that shit. It's all bullshit and exacerbates the false division. America really is united. The amount of racists we have in America is probably less than any other country in the world. We have a small % of dumbfucks on the left and a small % on the right and it's what the media talks about the most. They normalize being completely one sided.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
I think they are really pushing for reasonable doubt. They cross examined the FBI use of force expert, the police chief and the ER doc. Pointed out that his knee was on the shoulder blade and not the neck. No trauma to his trachea.
The ER doc was basically forced to backtrack and admit that both drugs in his system were at high levels and levels that were lethal and could make him hypoxic.
I agree, this all may fall on deaf ears and the media needs a scapegoat but it would be crazy to think that Chauvin’s actions alone killed him. They also found fentanyl pills on the squad car floor that had Floyd’s DNA on it.
I would say at the very least, the defense has made this very interesting.
IF anyone is being objective, Floyd was having distress before he was taken to the ground.
Also ironic is the drug dealer refusing to testify. But the girlfriend did and admitted they had purchased from this guy before and had bad reactions to the drugs he purchased.

I looked at the autopsy report (online of course), which may or may not be accurate, and it did not show any type of trauma to his wind pipe, carotid artery or even any sign of damage to his brain from being choked, or restrained via the neck area...Again, tho, this was obtained online...

They tried to shoot down the EXD, drug over dose, etc theories yesterday....Should be interesting to see how the cross goes with the defense boys...

Last edited:
tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
He won't be convicted of murder because the intent element won't be met. He'll be convicted on a lesser charge, and since the media has been covering this whole thing so inaccurately there will be rioting because of the lesser charge. You know, racism and all.....

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic