Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Anyone Watching the Derek Chauvin Trial?

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Just got a txt from Minneapolis. BLM is still being rowdy and swarming motorists. I think most people guessed there would still be trouble of some sort.... these types live for trouble, and don't really need a reason.

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
It’s not like I have a dog in this fight, other than wanting to believe in a fair trial, but looking through the evidence and listening very carefully to the closing arguments, I’m genuinely upset that not one fucker on that jury said “no, fuck you guys, this is wrong”.
I could see the second degree manslaughter, or the third degree murder but I honestly didn't even see them try to make the case for second degree murder the entire trial.

I'm not mad at it cause fuck that guy but I was prepared for the exact opposite outcome.

There's no way the murder 2 survives his first appeal.

NavyChief

NavyChief

VIP Member
Sep 26, 2013
Second degree murder is generally defined as intentional murder that lacks premeditation, is intended to only cause bodily harm, and demonstrates an extreme indifference to human life. The exact legal definition of this crime will vary by jurisdiction.Jun 1, 2020

In Minnesota it can be either intentional or unintentional. It will certainly survive the appeal in my opinion.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I was surprised the jury found guilty on second degree murder. Hard to believe the elements were met for that, as the intent requirement seems not there. The cop clearly showed a lack of regard for the dude's safety, and didn't follow proper procedure once it was clear the guy was in respiratory distress. So the other two charges don't shock me.

I'm not sure if his past service history came in, but if I was the prosecutor I sure as heck would have tried to get it in. Looks like there was evidence of multiple previous incidents. Seems like he was a bad cop, and it's too bad the police unions don't do a better job of trying to get rid of those guys for everyone else's safety.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Prosecution pounded the "9 minutes" theme into the jury. Showed the video over and over and kept pounding that point he stopped breathing for 2 minutes. That's essentially all it took. Prosecution also said this isn't an indictment on police, but on one rogue officer. Then by using other law enforcement experts, it just put more nails in the coffin. I think these tactics helped everyone feel better about having one guy fall on the sword. It separated law enforcement and made Chuavin the fall guy.

I don't condone all of what Chauvin did. I think the manslaughter charge I would have been comfortable with. I felt it met criteria, but we all know this case was done before it started. No way would a jury come back with anything else or cities would have burned. Several reporters even alluded to this. Basically say this had to be done or riots, looting and etc would ensue on epic proportion.

Here's the thing, this trial will do nothing. Are criminals going to stop? Nope. Are criminals going to stop being violent or non-compliant? Nope. If anything, all it does is empower shitbags to push the envelope. Columbus Police to shot and killed a black teenager last night and already people are losing their mind. She had a knife and was attacking other people. A knife is construed as deadly force. Officers are legally allowed to protect themselves and the public from deadly force. So as she is attacking one of her victims with a knife the officer shot her.

What worries me is LEO's will be paranoid and hypervigilant in fear of being attacked or targeted or will hesitate and get killed or hurt. This did nothing. One guy took the fall, and very little will change. I am for accountability. I believe Chauvin should have been convicted on the manslaughter charge. I believe the female officer who pulled her service weapon instead of her taser will also be held accountable. But there will be many others sucked into the vortex who were protecting themselves or others because of the social climate.

The other issue I have is prosecution already stating that they will push for enhanced penalties for sentencing. You can't tell me this isn't being pushed due to social and political agendas.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Well, the outcome calmed some of the protesters down, but they were still causing trouble in downtown Minneapolis. I guess they had some poor truck driver cornered and were chanting "disconnect the trailer".

And the liberal politicians all have come out saying the jury "made the right decision". I wonder how they know, since they didn't see all the evidence. And of course you have AOC saying things like "just because the system got it right this time doesn't mean we don't need massive reforms".

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
Second degree murder is generally defined as intentional murder that lacks premeditation, is intended to only cause bodily harm, and demonstrates an extreme indifference to human life. The exact legal definition of this crime will vary by jurisdiction.Jun 1, 2020

In Minnesota it can be either intentional or unintentional. It will certainly survive the appeal in my opinion.

There are special circumstances required to upgrade from murder 3 to murder 2.

Since there's no court order being violated and it's not a drive by, what is the felony he was committing other than the battery? Because that is what would be required to happen for it to qualify as murder 2.

NavyChief

NavyChief

VIP Member
Sep 26, 2013

There are special circumstances required to upgrade from murder 3 to murder 2.

Since there's no court order being violated and it's not a drive by, what is the felony he was committing other than the battery? Because that is what would be required to happen for it to qualify as murder 2.
Yeah man I got that. But apparently all elements were interpreted in a manner that said he had a duty to protect once the guy was in custody.
We can argue the point all day but doesn't change how they viewed his actions against the elements of the crime.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
I'm very pro cop, but this guy deserves everything he gets.

Cops aren't judge, jury and executioner. Once the cuffs are on - your job is over. Force is met with force - the kid who was just killed in chicago and the girl in Columbus are both justified uses of force imo. Kneeling on a guys neck for 7-9 minutes after he's in cuffs is no bueno.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
I'm very pro cop, but this guy deserves everything he gets.

Cops aren't judge, jury and executioner. Once the cuffs are on - your job is over. Force is met with force - the kid who was just killed in chicago and the girl in Columbus are both justified uses of force imo. Kneeling on a guys neck for 7-9 minutes after he's in cuffs is no bueno.

I agree with both the Chicago case and Columbus case and now there is a black man shot to death during the execution of a search warrant. No video yet, but he was shot while fleeing. I am going to assume he attempted to run officers over. But there are already demonstrations in all three places. The only issue with Chauvin, is I don't believe this was premeditated or intentional. Was Chauvin a good cop, I don't believe so.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Not to completely change the subject, but anyone's thoughts on Lebron James' Instagram post about the Columbus officer/shooting? I am glad he is receiving quite a bit of backlash. Completely irresponsible and no better than Waters basically encouraging riots. I know superstars and people in the public eye have the right to their First Amendment rights, but they also should have a responsibility to be just as accountable as they play roles as influencers when the open their mouth.

In this case, Lebron shows he is just as racist against a white officer who saved a black girls life by shooting another black female who was attempting to stab her. You just cant win!

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I hope LeBron breaks both his legs and falls off a cliff driving. I can't stand that racist, hypocritical, IGNORANT, bitch! I grew up a Laker fan all my life, especially the 80's as a kid (rip bird vs Magic...the best days ever),and as long as he is with them, i'll never watch a game or support that organization. They need to put a noose on their trash.

He is a pot-stirring moron. America made him a millionaire, not any other country, America. That said, he's a total bigot and accepts money and endorsements from China, who really is a dictatorship....but he's crickets on that.

The horrendous incident where the CRIMINAL teenage girl went on a stabbing spree was a justified kill by the cop who shot her. If not for him, that other girl in pink would have been dead....an African American girl if it matters. So this cop, in a split second had to make a decision.....one that SAVED a life from a killer. I keep hearing, "but she was only 15 years old." Some of these people need to get out of their houses and get into the real world. There are kids doing this stuff all the time these days, but it's mainly brushed under the carpet. The other thing is that this teenage bitch was as big, or bigger than most adults you see walking around, so I seriously doubt in the few seconds he had to make a decision, he even thought about an age....you know, because she had a knife swinging at another girl and did not stop when asked to do so. In the middle of her attacking this other 3rd victim, snowflakes wanted the cop to do a thorough investigation, you know ask for ID, which is racist btw, and then decide whether or not to use a taser, talk to her, or just leave them alone and let them go at it. Afterward of course, he would have been blamed for doing nothing, and letting 'a girl' kill a black girl with a knife. He was screwed either way.

These people are fukking stupid, and both Lebron, the media, and our incompetent VP and President stir the pot and make it worse....or flat out lie to make it worse.

Sorry, that felt good:D

I agree with the Chauvin verdict for the most part.....BUT, Maxine Waters should be investigated and dropped from her position in the House. It will be interesting to see what happens with regards to the Supreme Court.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic