Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Anyone had a Torn Meniscus?

TheSpectre

TheSpectre

MuscleHead
May 4, 2013
Back in 2013 I got hurt on the job (no worker's comp) & completely tore my quadriceps tendon. I also had a minor tear in the ACL that repaired itself while the quadriceps tendon was healing. I never got around to getting my torn meniscus fixed, however, as my insurance ran out. I've been pretty much pain free squatting, leg pressing, extensions, etc... Jolting movements such as jumping or running do seem to aggravate it. I know it's not too bad from the old MRI's and I don't think it's worse now. Have any of you guys -

1) Suffered from a torn meniscus?
2) If you had it repaired (scraped) how long were you out of being able to do manual labor (construction)? Walking doesn't really bother mine, just the running and jumping. I did some on Saturday and it's still bothering me. More of an annoyance than anything else.
3) How long until you could jog, jump, and/or run again?

Thanks

S

Snake

VIP Member
May 1, 2011
I had one. Got it scoped and I'm thinking it took me a couple of weeks to be full speed at normal activity.
It did take a long time to feel completely like my other knee, but it wasn't a big deal, all in all.
I have no idea how long it would take to train legs though.
I couldn't lift at the time, cause I had been in an industrial accident, and the knee was least of my worries.

NavyChief

NavyChief

VIP Member
Sep 26, 2013
1998 I had my meniscus repaired. I stayed awake for the surgery, was cool as shit watching it in the monitor. I was still pretty out of it though and remember looking up and seeing my leg over the docs shoulder and him 3 inches from my knee with nerd glasses on, scraping away. All I could think of was how fucking bad my hamstring must hurt right now, but I am nerve blocked. LOL.

Anyway, I was told I would be out 8 weeks from active duty and was put on medical leave. The next week I was framing a new house. I used a towel 3 times a day for 10 full mins of stretches. Use the towel and pull that knee toward you and stretch it out slow but fully, often. The stretches had me g2g truly in about two weeks. Was tender, but nothing I couldnt handle. Framed two houses up in that 8 weeks for extra money. To get back to full capacity with my knee it took about 4 months though. I was much younger though and healed fast.

My advice, if its a problem now, it wont get better. Fix it and move on. You will be glad you did it sooner than later (well its kinda later already, but you know what I mean. :p )

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
Squid is correct sir

Semper Fi Chief!!

Depends on the level of the tear and how it's healed

Reason I even started using hgh was from a torn meniscus
Acl
Pcl
Mcl

Dr Andrews put me on a crazy high dose of hgh right into my knee
Divide dose also into my hip

That was in 08 and I'm prob 98%
Really it my good leg that hurts more

U can also try bpc-157

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Of all the injuries you can have, a torn meniscus is the fastest to recover from and easiest to repair. You should be back on your feet and back to normal activity pretty fast.

I have had torn ACL, torn meniscus, destroyed cartilage, micro tears on PCL and severe tendonitis in my patellar tendon. My knees are pretty f'ed.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic