Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh

Anyone get the new NPC magazine? Was the figure division robbed?

SakuraIron

SakuraIron

TID Lady Member
Dec 6, 2013
So I was looking at the newest magazine they sent out and it's from I forget what national show...
but I was looking at the figure division and who won the overall and I just feel like...class C and the all the winners of the other classes were robbed.

Nicole Sims was the class C& overall winner and honestly, even though she is beautiful, her physique was NOT the top physique at all what so ever compared to the other girls. I was looking at all the comparison photos and I just did not understand it.

Did anyone else feel this way? Or do you think the judges purposely picked her to try to set a new, smaller standard for the figure division? It's just weird because all the other winners look more similar in physique to each other but Nicole just....doesn't have the roundness to her delts, her back pose did not look like it was done right, no thickness to her back, and just not as...full as everybody else.

Thoughts?

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
I have to agree with you. I also noticed that my magazine apparently mislabeled the year as 2012 for every contest featured, lol.

I think it would be incredibly difficult to be a female competitor in any of the categories. So much work involved in getting ready for a show, without ever knowing for sure how exactly you were supposed to look. How the heck are you supposed to coach someone or compete in this atmosphere?

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
too much for me and this is why when someone asks me if I compete, I just shake my head...lol

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
I have to agree with you. I also noticed that my magazine apparently mislabeled the year as 2012 for every contest featured, lol.

I think it would be incredibly difficult to be a female competitor in any of the categories. So much work involved in getting ready for a show, without ever knowing for sure how exactly you were supposed to look. How the heck are you supposed to coach someone or compete in this atmosphere?

Bring 'em in the best they can be and prepare for a lot of head scratching and frustration. The NPC is too regional and too much of an "old boy" network to get any actual fair judging at shows. Worst part is the folks who win the overalls are ill prepared for the IFBB when they get there.

SakuraIron

SakuraIron

TID Lady Member
Dec 6, 2013

Yeah the judging is so incredibly subjective but Mike is right, you just have to bring them into the best condition possible and hope that that's what the judges are looking for that day hahahhaha

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
I felt the same way. She had no shoulders or legs. I was in NPC mag before this issue :) cool to see yourself in it

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic