Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism

anyone ever tried absinthe

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Hallucinations are a side effect of long term alcoholism not absinthe.

I thought it was a reaction to the metal/copper brewing equipment or something?

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
I thought it was a reaction to the metal/copper brewing equipment or something?

People say it's thujone. There is far more in sage than wormwood. Just one of those things that's way over hyped.

You can still get preban stuff from wine brokers. It really isn't worth the pricetag.

Zomb131

Zomb131

MuscleHead
Jan 31, 2011
Drank a lot of it in Mexico. Tastes like ass and you expect to hallucinate, so it kills the fun.

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
Drank a bottle from the Czech Republic while watching the Superbowl a bunch of years ago... Heightened colors, and way drunk, that's it though.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Tried it with the burning sugar and flames, was kinda disappointed to be honest. No hallucinations or anything, don't think I even managed to get drunk from it despite its' insane 50%+ strength.

Fish77

Fish77

VIP Member
Dec 24, 2010
The stuff they sell here in the states is not very good. It is not allowed to be imported, so you only get the local stuff here. It is, or any I have tried anyway, crap. You can have it shipped over without much issue though. Customs will take it if they see it, but I have done it several times with no issue. It is kind of like redbull and liquor. You can get real drunk and not pass out. If you get decent stuff, you do notice it is different than a normal drunk. We have had it for new year several times, full with ice, sugar cubes and the spoon.

This is the only one we have ordered multiple times, so only one I remember the name of. http://www.absintheonline.com/acatalog/Montmartre_absinthe.html

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
The stuff they sell here in the states is not very good. It is not allowed to be imported, so you only get the local stuff here. It is, or any I have tried anyway, crap. You can have it shipped over without much issue though. Customs will take it if they see it, but I have done it several times with no issue. It is kind of like redbull and liquor. You can get real drunk and not pass out. If you get decent stuff, you do notice it is different than a normal drunk. We have had it for new year several times, full with ice, sugar cubes and the spoon.

This is the only one we have ordered multiple times, so only one I remember the name of. http://www.absintheonline.com/acatalog/Montmartre_absinthe.html

It lists Angelica as an ingredient. I was told it is the Angelica that makes it hum.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic