Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

Anyone Else Experience a Shift in their Political Views?

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
My only shift is that I used to care a lot more about other people and their views, sex, gender, orientation, race, religion, etc... Now I really don't give a crap as long as it doesn't impact me. Do what you want.

I have also lost a lot of empathy. I used to feel bad about a lot of situations people were in. However, repeated exposure to the worst in humanity, I am broken. I would rather step on your throat and ease your suffering than lend a helping hand. It is less work.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I never cared as much before as when i saw this deranged fuck that used to shower naked with his daughter (according to her) running for office.
Now I am freaked out over who is representing us at most levels

The Angry Chihuahua

The Angry Chihuahua

Nov 12, 2022
41AB64C6-680A-4B2D-A43A-461594EF7643.jpeg

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
I never cared as much before as when i saw this deranged fuck that used to shower naked with his daughter (according to her) running for office.
Now I am freaked out over who is representing us at most levels
He also swam naked in front of female secret service agents as VP at his home in Delaware. I guess that's better than the nursing home his Delaware house was converted into and them changing his diaper now.

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
Grew up solidly middle-class in what is now a very expensive zip code in what was then very (I mean VERY) conservative Orange County. Mom and dad hardcore Republican, so I started out with the same leanings. Elementary, middle and high schools all 100% white. Dad was racist, homophobic, etc., mom was not. Got into punk and logged a lot of time at the Cuckoo's Nest, exposed to ska, punk, racist skinheads, anti-racist skinheads, atheists, etc. (for punk fans, watch this documentary about the Cuckoo's Nest:
). Started seeing that things weren't as black and white as I thought they were, but continued to register as Republican. Eventually I focused more on positions than party, registered Independent, but still voted mostly Republican. I'm still registered Independent.

Then something very unexpected happened.

I became a police officer, surrounded by very conservative police officers. That was an eye opener. At first, the job reinforced the conservative views I continued to have, but then I really started to *talk* to people. Everyone has a story, and, yeah, a lot of them were just lies in order to gain sympathy and hopefully avoid arrest or a citation, but not all. I began to migrate towards the center, and have stayed there ever since. I also noticed that the most conservative, most religious officers were the ones most likely to lie, exaggerate, be violent, leave out exculpatory evidence, and flat-out stab you in the back. I'm thoroughly disgusted by both sides but especially by politicians who violate their oath of office. I tend to vote for politicians who I feel will uphold the law and completely ignore the party, although lately I'm searching harder for 3rd party candidates to vote for because I don't want to vote Republican or Democrat whenever possible.

So....migrated from ultra-conservative to centrist, maybe a little more to left of center than center, but definitely close to center.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
There's no evidence of Churchill saying this according to the Churchill Society. Without any corroborating evidence, this quote being attributed to him is just political propaganda.

The trouble with the Internet is there is so much out there ... someone can easily find things that support any views they already have. Then, they can tell all their friends about what they found.

Friggemall

Friggemall

VIP Member
Jun 16, 2020
I live in Michigan; the whole state can be red, yet Detroit rules us all. I am not sure an Electoral vote per state would even help us.

This is biblical. All nations must be broken for one-world government to rise. America is done. But that is exciting, because that means we are closer to ultimate victory!
Same way with Illinois. Almost every election the entire state is red except Chicago & it's suburbs. That is the reason I left the state for Florida 4 years ago.

I vote, but I am sick of politics and politicians. The system is broke and the ones running it broke it. It is no longer "We the people" nor is it "for the people, by the people". Don't think it's broken, then logically explain how people like AOC, California's governor, Illinois' governor, Pennsylvania's DeLuca and on & on got re-elected? And how "we the people" continue to let this crap happen.

I see one of two things happening; either "we the people" keep bending over and taking it in the pooper, or a revolution will happen. Given the military is in the control of the corrupt government leaders, I doubt a revolution will happen.

I grew up a republican. My grandpa was an immigrant from Sweden and always told me...(no offense to anyone is meant by this btw) "Stewed rats and fried cats are too good for the G*d d*mn democrats". But as I said, today I don't like any politician or political group. I want the country back I fought for.

Last edited:
I

Iron1

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2021
The trouble with the Internet is there is so much out there ... someone can easily find things that support any views they already have. Then, they can tell all their friends about what they found.

Yep, and once false information is out there it takes an order of magnitude more effort to stop it's spread. Brandolini's Law.

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
In most cases, if you take the info from both sides you can tell what the truth is.

The problem is most won't spend the hours to figure out the truth.

Rigatortoise

Rigatortoise

Nov 25, 2022
My views have been very nihilist for a long time now. I refuse to let them persuade me to make a choice between the lesser of two evils. And I wish people would stop letting the divisive tactics work, none of those people give a fuck about us. I live in a conservative state, overly conservative IMO. However, if you’ve been to some of the blue states you know that it’s definitely not the one you want. I spent some time in Cali last year and holy fuck was that a eye opener. We run rhe homeless out of town or segregate them to a “tent city”. They allow the homeless to sleep in the road, blocking doors to businesses , and literally anywhere else’s you would think people would not be allowed to sleep or do so drugs or shit. There were times where I had to tactically maneuver between dirty needles and human shit on the sidewalk , on my way to get coffee/weed. That’s a no go.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic