Mar 1, 2016
Lentils?

Lentils 1 Pound Bag
Serving Size: 1 pound, Calories: 980, Fat: 0g, Carbs: 266g, Protein: 112g

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
I tried the red lentils a couple times, but I don't really know what to combine them with or what to put in them.

All I did was add some stevia and some raisins to them. But whenever I look up lentil recipes, a lot of times it's a soup recipe.

What kind are you using? How do you season them and serve them?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
They're great. Make a soup.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I make a soup, carrots, celery, onions and usually a bone from a ham. Anytime anyone in my family makes a ham I take the bone home and put it in the freezer to make either Lentil soup or Split Pea.

You can also add lentil's to your rice, very nice combo or just eat them alone, make them in some chicken broth, tasty.

qpm2

qpm2

Mar 1, 2016
I tried the red lentils a couple times, but I don't really know what to combine them with or what to put in them.

All I did was add some stevia and some raisins to them. But whenever I look up lentil recipes, a lot of times it's a soup recipe.

What kind are you using? How do you season them and serve them?

The brown lentils are the best tasting in my opinion. This is by far the most common variety of lentil, and probably the one that you see at your local grocery store. Yes, it is always a soup recipe you find online but you can also boil it down to a thick hearty paste like consistency which is what I prefer. Stevia and raisins (or any sweeteners) do not go well with lentils. I take a 5 quart pot and fill it up ¾ of the way with water then I add a 1 pound bag of brown lentils, cayenne pepper, black pepper, dried parsley, turmeric, garlic powder, and 1 full minced onion. The amount of dried seasonings (you can also add fresh herbs) depends on your preference but I like to basically lightly coat the top of the water with each seasoning I use. Then you want to boil it for 30 to 60 minutes and reduce the water to the consistency you like. I prefer to boil it down to where there is very little water left. I wouldn’t call what I make a soup but more of a carb, protein, and fiber lentil pudding. lol

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
You can also add them to chili to thicken it up, remembered that reading the above.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Thanks for the advice gents. I'm gonna have to give lentils another try.

I lentiled wrong the first go around.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic