Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Samson0692
What's New?

Anybody ever pinch nerves in their neck?

BulldogMuscle

BulldogMuscle

Jul 31, 2012
well fury an charles ur old thats why na jp good to see you guys again

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
Bulldog old age is a bitch lol.charles good to have you here.

MPMC

MPMC

VIP Member
Jul 22, 2011
All the years I thought I kept getting a pinched nerve in my neck, it actually was my laveta scappula muscle that I kept tweaking. Fucking painful. You cant rotate your head, and the pain actually went down past my trap into my back. Going to the chiropractor is the only way I can get rid of it. I actually tweak it more when I sleep on it worng then I do when I work out. I went out and bought this $100 orthopedic pillow, recommended by my chiropractor, and Ive been doing great ever since. Massage does help too. I went and did that right after it happened too. I think the combo of doing both helps out tremendously..

I think I might have the same issue because I suffer from the exact pain you mentioned. Its actually been killing me for the past 2 days. Seems to happen at least once every 2 months or so. Getting really tired of it. Just lying the wrong way for an hour can sometimes cause it to happen and last for days.

D

dabeast666

Aug 5, 2012
All the years I thought I kept getting a pinched nerve in my neck, it actually was my laveta scappula muscle that I kept tweaking. Fucking painful. You cant rotate your head, and the pain actually went down past my trap into my back. Going to the chiropractor is the only way I can get rid of it. I actually tweak it more when I sleep on it worng then I do when I work out. I went out and bought this $100 orthopedic pillow, recommended by my chiropractor, and Ive been doing great ever since. Massage does help too. I went and did that right after it happened too. I think the combo of doing both helps out tremendously..

Agreed IM,twice a week chiro,and massage therapy,and rotating ice and heat treatments.Got mine from doing shrugs

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
I think I might have the same issue because I suffer from the exact pain you mentioned. Its actually been killing me for the past 2 days. Seems to happen at least once every 2 months or so. Getting really tired of it. Just lying the wrong way for an hour can sometimes cause it to happen and last for days.

The last time it happened, it took 10 days to finally go away. 4 chiropractic treatments and 2 massages. Like I said though, I got that orthopedic pillow, and i havent had an issue since..knock on wood. What kills me, I didnt even do it working out, just slept funny on my neck.

Agreed IM,twice a week chiro,and massage therapy,and rotating ice and heat treatments.Got mine from doing shrugs

The last few times it has happened, it was just because I slept on it wrong. Before that, I would do it once in awhile, and it would only happen on military press. So I just stick with db military now, never an issue since I switched.

N

MuscleHead
Jun 22, 2012
I had it one day in early 1999. My job was to controll tickets in a concert hall. After work I visited the opera on a standing room. It started in the hips I think. At home in my bed I had a strange unknown pain in the whole backbone aswell into my neck and head. It was like I could feel light in my mind through the body. It was gone very soon but it took a while to recover completly. Maybe the mixture of routine and negligibility. Or the marijuana that time. @};-

Braw16

Braw16

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2012
I have been dealing with a neck and nerve issue for about 13 year now. It's a bad thing to pinch a nerve and I see there is a lot of good advice on what to do here I wouldn't say any of it wrong. The tens unit is a great idea but you are also going to need rest and to be able to get some warm heat on it also. My neck is now fused c-5 c-6 c-7 levels with a good amount of nerve damage. Ibuprofen believe it or not seemed to help me some. Neck is a bad thing that's one of the reasons I got on this board is because I got back into the gym after a good 5 years off and I just need help with this. If you have a neck injury I could most likely tell just about all your medical options for it but I need to find some good info on how to strengthen this thing. If you do hurt your neck (IMO) the best advice would be to rest it and ice it right away and get some anti inflammatories in you. Don't try to work through it that just got me worse off.

N

MuscleHead
Jun 22, 2012
this morning I started reading an article about Glucosamin. While getting the information I felt again an uncomfortable feeling in my heart. Can't be no fun to have this problems with the bones.
in europe it's approved as a medical drug - in the US not (says wiki)

Braw16

Braw16

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2012
I started taking glucosamine about three months ago liquid form because I read that your body absorbs this much better. I know in the beginning that you have to load up on it and for about a month. For me I started at 2000 mg a day and after four weeks went down to 1500. I think this stuff works but I know that it does take awhile and that you have to continue to take it. My wife works in the medical field and she either gets great feedback or is just told it doesn't work. It seems it's one or the other. I think it's been great it's something people should do some research and make a choice for themselves.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic