Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Anybody Else Get Sucked into Get Rich Quick Idea's?

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
I have spent a lot of money over the years on books, tapes, cd's and memberships trying to find better and faster ways to make money. Also residual income has always intrigued me, things like ambit energy, amway and quickstar are some of the idea's I have tried. Im currently putting together a real estate investment plan using Dean Graziosi's latest book.

Have you ever been sucked into one of these money making, get rich quick plans?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Can't say that I have... The ads for these get rich quick things are all over the place these days... Not even get rich, but break even. The ads for tax adviser companies, credit card debt relief, college loans, nonsense work from home job ads all promising easy money, or relief from financial burdens which you caused yourself. And they all have one thing in common... The program names all sound like something King Barry would have come up with... "National Credit Card Debt Relief Program" is the name of one of them...

That reminds me admin, I got a timeshare I can sell to ya at a great price... ;)

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
I have always thought they were scams so i never paid much attn. if you know something that is not actually a scam and works post it up - i would love to check it out.

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
it all sounds good on paper but one thing ive learned in life..nothing comes easy.....So u have to ask yourself...are these books going to make it easy for me to make easy money?....So many scams and misleading people into believeing if u do this program your going to be rich.....I dont know.....I consider most of it as a pipe dream.....these people that are selling there quick rich ideas are selling the book for u to buy....Hell if they sell a few million then they become a millonare...its that simple...So,your better off writting a book and selling it rather then buying their book or program to make them richer.dw

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
it all sounds good on paper but one thing ive learned in life..nothing comes easy.....So u have to ask yourself...are these books going to make it easy for me to make easy money?....So many scams and misleading people into believeing if u do this program your going to be rich.....I dont know.....I consider most of it as a pipe dream.....these people that are selling there quick rich ideas are selling the book for u to buy....Hell if they sell a few million then they become a millonare...its that simple...So,your better off writting a book and selling it rather then buying their book or program to make them richer.dw

Im just now realizing this........

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
my first ex was roped into every get rich quick scheme there was. drove me crazy! im with DW, you work hard and you get what you earn! money doesnt get you anything but headache and heartache! the best thing i ever did was learn to be content with what i already had. im telling you, life is wonderful now! simple and enjoyable and i sleep well at night now worrying about how im going to pay for the latest toy!

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
If these money making get rich schemes worked, everybody would be wealthy. Are there success stories? You bet.. But there are more failures then there are guys making money. You never hear about the failures. Only guy really making the money is the guy selling the product. They have these schemes for everything now.. vacation websites, hiring lawyers, etc. My buddy did the vacation scheme thing. I went to the seminar just for kicks and giggles, and its the same MLM scheme they all use. My wifes old boss did this MLM thing with lawyer services. You pay them like $40/month, and you get all the perks when you need a lawyer for something. It sorta helps absorb some of the cost so to speak, but in reality, your not getting a deal. They dish all cases to one another and make money, its all a crock of shit. I tried 2 before, one was with water filters, and the other was with primerica. All the same bullshit, you have to get people to do the same shit you are doing, and then they get people to buy, and so on.. worst then scamming in my opinion..

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I don't pay attention to most of them as they cycle through from one to another with the same bandwagon of people looking to make their money. My cousin went from credit refinancing, to selling sub prime mortgages to taking pictures of houses in the foreclosure process for the banks and is now looking for what the newest craze will be where he can make decent money and not pay taxes.

I like Real Estate still, buying and renting, get that recurring revenue stream and you don't care what the actual value of the property is after you are in.

W

Wolf

MuscleHead
Dec 25, 2010
I've been tempted to look into some of them, but they are mostly just pyramid schemes. Real estate can work because you can go from being a real estate agent which is basically your middleman/shower to a broker, who has agents working under them and giving you a cut of any deals they make to being an investor and starting to move properties around.

Mindlesswork

Mindlesswork

Crusty Poo Butt
Sep 21, 2010
I don't really go for that garbage, admin...a waste of time and money for nothing. Most of these schemes are mainly ponzi type ones that only benefit people higher up

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
i always say the only one who gets rich quick is the guy how started it and managed to sell the idea to everyone else!

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
I live in the Land of MLM's. Utah! I have my theory's on why...My sisters got me into ACN cause they wouldn't stop bugging me. I made about 1,000 profit and I stopped.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic