Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Anybody do TRT after any kind of tendon surgery

U

uniquetouch

Jan 1, 2023
Trying to see what everybody’s thoughts are on the subject or TRT. Is TRT considered a high dose? Wondering who has taken TRT after any kind of tendon therapy. If so what were the pros and cons? Is it bad is good and should you Wait a specific time post surgery to begin again. Thank you

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
TRT is a low dose of test.
if you need TRT you need it and it has nothing to do with your tendon therapy.

If you are on TRT then ask the doctors thats doing your tendon therapy about staying on.
Never been told to not take my test injections while being threated for anything actually.

U

uniquetouch

Jan 1, 2023
TRT is a low dose of test.
if you need TRT you need it and it has nothing to do with your tendon therapy.

If you are on TRT then ask the doctors thats doing your tendon therapy about staying on.
Never been told to not take my test injections while being threated for anything actually.
Appreciate the response. I was prescribed TRT online. I went online route bc I didn’t have health insurance and it was cheaper. I actually never got to start my TRT does before getting injured. They actually started me on Clomid 50 to try and boost test first before the test. Then they sent me the test but I was awaiting surgery and never started it because of what the surgeon asked me about if I used steroids. Really my accident was from a dumb mistake or using an open grip and trying to lift 315 off a squat rack to put on the floor to do dead lifts and the bar got hung up and I did a sudden jerk and pop. I’ve read so many different articles without any conclusive evidence from medical papers. A lot said that it could cause tendon stiffness. Some said sometimes with high doses of test and long time use that the muscle becomes so strong that you start trying to lift crazy wait with the tendons aren’t ready for. I’ve also read that normal test levels are great for bone healing.

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
Appreciate the response. I was prescribed TRT online. I went online route bc I didn’t have health insurance and it was cheaper. I actually never got to start my TRT does before getting injured. They actually started me on Clomid 50 to try and boost test first before the test. Then they sent me the test but I was awaiting surgery and never started it because of what the surgeon asked me about if I used steroids. Really my accident was from a dumb mistake or using an open grip and trying to lift 315 off a squat rack to put on the floor to do dead lifts and the bar got hung up and I did a sudden jerk and pop. I’ve read so many different articles without any conclusive evidence from medical papers. A lot said that it could cause tendon stiffness. Some said sometimes with high doses of test and long time use that the muscle becomes so strong that you start trying to lift crazy wait with the tendons aren’t ready for. I’ve also read that normal test levels are great for bone healing.

I would start the TRT, no need for a high dose for this.
Just use what you are prescribed and get started.
I had my fair share of surgeries and issue and stayed on test for all of it.
Was never told to come off.

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
I agree no concerns about TRT after this surgery. I had a ruptured quad tendon which sucked balls. Once I could walk again without a straight leg brace (3 horribly painful months) and was able to lift again for a couple months, I started up with a *reasonable* amount of test as well as HGH, about 500mg test/week, I forget how much HGH but it was minimal. Things definitely progressed quicker after adding both in, but it's hard for me to quantify whether they sped things up/improved things or whether they had any impact at all as there was muscle memory involved after being completely sedentary mostly laying in bed for months. After a tendon rupture repair (can't recall exactly your injury) the attachment to your bone is probably stronger than it was before your injury. If it was a tear and not a rupture from the bone, I don't know if that would be the case. You do need to be careful about being too aggressive with supplements after such a surgery, as if the muscle strength increases significantly faster than the tendon strength, then you risk a reinjury, and I know you don't want that. All this extra BS having been said....true TRT is no problem and you probably should have been doing it all along anyway. You don't mention whether your online test doc did a blood test before prescribing TRT....if not, then you should absolutely have your levels tested before starting, because if your levels are not low, TRT is not really TRT....it's supplementation and can suppress your natural test.

U

uniquetouch

Jan 1, 2023
My test level was a I think 260

U

uniquetouch

Jan 1, 2023
Thank you for the help I appreciate it. I’m now 11 weeks post op btw meant to mention that earlier for
What it’s worth but I agree with starting it

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Nothing to add that has not already been said, run the TRT.

U

uniquetouch

Jan 1, 2023
Sorry just reread the posts and found where it said what injury i had. It was a distal bicep rupture

LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
Mine was a left quad tendon tear. Stayed on trt as well

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic