Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Any truly safe email options?

pux888

pux888

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2010
I was reading on another site that safe-mail sends a copy of your ip addy with each email. I know this has come up before but was there ever a consensus on a safe way to email. Or are you better off to keep sensitive information to PMs and delete them when your done?

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
I think PMs are the best way to go now....interestingly enough, I haven't been able to log into safe-mail for the last couple days...hmmmm

Body_Builder

Body_Builder

MuscleHead
Oct 18, 2010
I think PMs are the best way to go now....interestingly enough, I haven't been able to log into safe-mail for the last couple days...hmmmm

Mine has been working. I just checked it now and seems to be good to go. I use safe mail but if I felt like spending money I'd go with securenym or anonymousspeech. Pux, you could use something like tor coupled with other programs like the no script add-on for firefox. Also, any site you go to can usually see you ip too....admin's/mods/etc.

Edit: forgot about countermail....I'd go with them personally.

Last edited:
slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
Pux,

You and I already talked. The one thing you should look for in an email service is them NOT logging your IP address when sending emails or accessing the site. The encryption would be best done yourself. GS, unless servers use some other file system than regular computers, then pm's are not the best way to go. Not sure if you know anything about forensics or not, but the data can be recovered if they want it bad enough. Sensitive correspondence should be encrypted at all times. Also do you remember what happened at SSB? I'm not saying anyone here would do that, I'm just stating that it's possible.

Slic.

captaincaveman

captaincaveman

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 17, 2010

Securenym or Countermail in my humble opinion for sensitive material. If I were to do something wrong or illegal (and no one here does that I know of) I would NOT use PM's to do it.
-CC-

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
Hey everyone. That was a good find by Pux. It doesn't log your ip nor does your ip show up in the headers. Best free secure email service I've seen so far.

Slic.

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
countermail looks pretty good- a fee is required though...

UNCLECOOL

UNCLECOOL

Dec 16, 2010
Isnt any site with "http(S)" a secure or safe site

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Thanks guys for posting that.

Last edited:
Number LL

Number LL

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2010
Have been wondering about this for a while but haven't looked into it. Thanks!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic