Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Any old guys around?

C

Cabo Jo

Thick n Wide VIP
Jun 26, 2011
56 with a 30yr old son 20yr old daughter. Been on the boards from 09 times go by fast. Been a really hard year. Stay at home orders getting paid at least. Let's hope next year is better.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Been on since 96, maybe 95, I can't remember. Started reading mfw (misc.fitness.weights) and that was a slugfest of all the top guys and magazine writers, etc. Started Elitefitness in 95 or 96, then eventually Bolex, UG, etc. Missed most of 98-99, then got back on EF in 2000....then eventually Anabolic Fitness, CEM, I-T, Iron Trybe, WCBB, AFboard, peak-muscle, etc.

Now only really post here, WCBB, ProMuscle, and anasci....occasionally visit some other sites.

Will turn 45 soon:)

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I'm 53. Started weight training with a buddy on Nautilus equipment back in 6th grade because we both wanted to look like Arnold (or Viator or Mentzer LOL). I think that was 1978 or so, LOL. My dad pulled out his weights for me from the attic, plastic filled with cement that was all broken up, and started my quest to bench over 100 pounds! (seriously). Lucky for me, started going through puberty, and finally reached 100! then 150, then 200, and I wondered if I could ever bench 300 like the monsters. LOL Didn't bother with leg training, what's that? Luckily I've got good genetics in my lower body and all that pedaling on my bike with my paper route was good enough to give me 24" quads in 12th grade. Arms? well, not so much. LOL I was working hard with the hopes of getting them to 15" LOL

Then college, getting married, and kids. Burning the candle at both ends for years and not taking care of myself got me to 235 bodyweight, and not the good kind. Got back into the gym, and over the course of about 10 years annually gained about 5 pounds of lean mass and lost about 5 pounds of fat, landing at a good 235! Now I'm an old fart, and doing more volume training to keep from aggravating all those nagging injuries. Got my arms up to about 18" cold and 19" or so flexed in my heyday, legs at about 28-29" and chest to about 52". Would like to maintain that (except for legs, sucks trying to find pants),but I'm slowly shrinking, and maybe that's good for my heart. Not for my ego! LOL

Never did look like Arnold! LOL

J

johnjay06

VIP Member
Jul 22, 2011
Just turned 40. Used to think that was old, but I don't anymore

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
Does anyone remember Snags & Mrs. Snags from Anabolic Minds?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billthebutcher

Billthebutcher

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2011
I have been around for a little bit lol. Good to see some old faces post.

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
I remember getting word that snags took his life. Not sure if there were any other situations like that; But I’m aware of other stories such as such; some who’s time was too soon, like Jenner on SI/UGBB.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I remember getting word that snags took his life. Not sure if there were any other situations like that; But I’m aware of other stories such as such; some who’s time was too soon, like Jenner on SI/UGBB.

There's been quite a few, i'll forget some of them, or a lot, but there were some others who popped into my mind ....

SAINT808
IronMike
Unity66

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic