Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Any of you guys into investing/ trading?

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
I still like the cruise lines and airlines NCLH, CCL, JETS, UAL, AZUL. I have done well with RUTH and PLAY and continue to hold both. WFC is cheap and I'm adding oil on the dips.

COVID Impacted all of these and COVID will be eradicated soon enough. The last two quarters showed very bad earnings if any, those will be compared year over year next year and show great growth. Its just how the market works.

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
Has anyone considered purchasing cruise line stocks like Carnival (CCL),Royal Caribbean (RCL) or Norwegian (NCLH)? I wouldn't normally do so, but COVID really beat them down, and my thought is that COVID concerns are going way down after the election no matter who wins. As this recession is not structural in nature, but rather is self-inflicted, my thought is that the rebound will be a steep "V". I know this should be the case for a lot of consumer demand, but I'm not sure what the psychology might be for getting onto a floating petri dish, LOL.
Hey, these stocks all took a solid beating over these past two weeks. Did you jump on board yet? Pun fully intended ;)

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Hey, these stocks all took a solid beating over these past two weeks. Did you jump on board yet? Pun fully intended ;)
Actually, I did. I purchased both CCL and RCL after the first major hit, and then bought a little more on the second downward blip. So my cost basis is quite low. I don't see either one being a quick rebound because I think it's going to take some time for the cruising public to psychologically jump back into it. But I'm typically a long term holder, and I'm buying both of these at an approximate 50% discount, so I'm thinking of holding and maybe slightly increasing my position over the next 5 years.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Also bought Delta Air lines last week after they dipped again. They seem to be the soundest of the airlines, and are best positioned to take advantage of whatever rebound occurs over the next 18 months. Again, it's a long term hold, and I'll likely slowly increase my position over the next 18 months.

I bought Berkshire Hathaway (class B) after they got clobbered in the second quarter, and am also slowly increasing my position over the next 18 months. 10 shares here,10 shares there.

That's about it for me with regards to individual stocks. Other than that I typically have index funds. that way, I'm not watching the ticker....

danrojigga

danrojigga

Rottens Pimp
May 24, 2011
You guys wanna make some money look into the defi crypto space. Do your research and you can't hold long get in as soon as you can on a project and take your profit then hold some in case the project takes off. Uniswap platform you can swap ethereum for project tokens. Ive made some serious money doing this.

danrojigga

danrojigga

Rottens Pimp
May 24, 2011
How quickly did you start making money there...

You have to be on the ball. It can literally take hours for a 10X to happen. If I had bigger balls I probably could have retired early lol. Most of my profit goes back into bitcoin for long term and ethereum.

C

ChasityWyatt

Aug 3, 2022
Most real investors are ordinary people who go to work, raise children, and are into more than just finance. This proves that investing is a great way to earn passive income without trade. On investments, it is possible to earn more than on bank deposits. Still, at the same time, there is a possibility of losing everything.

Warhead14

Warhead14

TID Board Of Directors
Jul 23, 2011
I dont trade crypto at all, but day trade everyday. I have 1k daily goal and usually hit it within the first three hours after the opening. For those that do trade anything, I have been using the Stage Analysis methodology since the early 90's. You can get an introduction to it on youtube, and join the forum for like 25 bucks a month. Well worth it.

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
I dont trade crypto at all, but day trade everyday. I have 1k daily goal and usually hit it within the first three hours after the opening. For those that do trade anything, I have been using the Stage Analysis methodology since the early 90's. You can get an introduction to it on youtube, and join the forum for like 25 bucks a month. Well worth it.
Any specific stocks that you favor trading in?

Warhead14

Warhead14

TID Board Of Directors
Jul 23, 2011
Any specific stocks that you favor trading in?
Whatever the charts indicate. No meme stocks or small caps. I do trade $BILL $ADBE a lot as they have 2-10 dollar swings in a given day. I will trade 500 to a 1000 shares short or long as they usually go with what the DJI and SPY do.

USMCRabi

USMCRabi

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2012
Whatever the charts indicate. No meme stocks or small caps. I do trade $BILL $ADBE a lot as they have 2-10 dollar swings in a given day. I will trade 500 to a 1000 shares short or long as they usually go with what the DJI and SPY do.
What app do you prefer to do your trades?

Warhead14

Warhead14

TID Board Of Directors
Jul 23, 2011
What app do you prefer to do your trades?
I have 3 different brokerages I use Etrade , Interactive Brokers , and Centerpoint. I do a lot of short selling these days so like with a stock like TSLA that is around $800 or better shorting a 1000 shares and not going into margin can be expensive so I will do 500 with etrade, 500 with IB and 500 with Centerpoint. I keep 100k in each so I can mix what I am doing on a given day. Sizing is what important. So if I short sell 500 TSLA and it reverses, I can buy 500 on a different brokerage so I stay green.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic