Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

any ladies with success with Carb Backloading or CarbNite?

R

reesespuff

Jan 31, 2015
Hey there everyone! My husband is doing Carb Backloading (like to a T from John Keifer). Now I primarily eat clean/ "Bro Foods" and count macros, and lately have been giving iifym/ flexible dieting a go. The only problem is, EVERY NIGHT my husband gets take out/ dessert/ whatever the hell he wants that has as much sugar as possible. It's been very hard for me to stick to my goals, even with iifym.

Have any ladies had any success with CBL?

I actually enjoy my morning oats, vegetables, and my husband doesn't eat any veg ever now, because its actually "not good for CBL" (up to 30g before workout). I'm not sure I want to sacrifice the healthy things I do enjoy, to be able to eat like a monster (I really enjoy sweets but I feel like I'd cheat on that diet with the healthy foods lol

BTW I have been on a "bulk"/ reverse dieting for like 12 weeks, but plan on leaning down soon

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Why give up on something you like? You can have the dessert with him just watch your portions.

Enasni

Enasni

TID Lady Member
Feb 10, 2014
I used to have access to the forum Keifer runs. Got to read quite a bit in there. For women it tends not to work in quite the same manner. He attributed that to the differences in physiology, in that women hold onto glycogen much more readily than men. So it could take much more than one normal workout to deplete it for women. He designed a 'glycogen depleting workout' for his female competitors. I didn't see it in detail tho. Back loading for most of his female clients was like a cup of peas.... Seemed ridiculous to me. I tried it the normal guy way, didn't work very well. Now I do IIFYM but pretty clean coz I feel better that way and I get more food. Lol.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
To enjoy your desserts late and night with your husband, just eat your protein and vegetables during the day, and save your fats and carbohydrates for night time.

Fats add up fast, so it could work for you if you leave them for night time.

Last edited:
R

reesespuff

Jan 31, 2015
Enasni- I forgot about Keifers forum, I think I have access to them so ill post there. Thank you for reminding me.

I think I am gonna continue to hoard my macros until our big meal for the next couple weeks and just have my protein and fiber first half of the day.

thanks everyone!!

and sorry for the double post!

Enasni

Enasni

TID Lady Member
Feb 10, 2014
Good luck with it and let us know how you go with it :)

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Wifey did carb Nite to drop 30 lbs before getting back to the gym again. She started CBL two weeks ago. Scale weight is the same and she's being strict with the ULC days. I'll keep yall posted!

Enasni

Enasni

TID Lady Member
Feb 10, 2014
Wifey did carb Nite to drop 30 lbs before getting back to the gym again. She started CBL two weeks ago. Scale weight is the same and she's being strict with the ULC days. I'll keep yall posted!

Update on your wife GA?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic