Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Any ideas on how to jump start natural test production?

O

O1dm@n

May 4, 2022
I am 57yrs old and have been lifting for many years. I have used just about every anabolic out there trying to achieve gains. For several years, I had a lot of success and like most, I loved the gains and did not want to lose any of them. So, against everything I have ever read, I didn't cycle like I should have. I would maybe take a few weeks between cycles then go back on cycle without any real PCT. My body has now shut down its natural testosterone production. I was on HRT for the past year, but it is nothing like being on cycle as I always seem to feel tired and have no sex drive. I still work out, but have lost size and strength all around. I am wondering if anyone out there may have a suggestion on how to get my body jumpstarted to producing natural testosterone again.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
You're 57 with a long history of AAS. TRT is it for you. Sounds like you need to get everything dialed in ion your blood work if you're tired and no sex drive. Could be E2 or anything else.

TRT is nothing like being on a blast cycle. It's TRT.

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
As mentioned above, get some updated blood work and see what's going on. Possibly speak to your doctor about upping your TRT dose. You shouldn't be consistently tired with no sex drive.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Has your doctor been doing labs periodically to see how you are responding to TRT? If not, they need to. TRT is not a fire and forget weapon. It takes constant monitoring to get it right.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
I am 57yrs old and have been lifting for many years. I have used just about every anabolic out there trying to achieve gains. For several years, I had a lot of success and like most, I loved the gains and did not want to lose any of them. So, against everything I have ever read, I didn't cycle like I should have. I would maybe take a few weeks between cycles then go back on cycle without any real PCT. My body has now shut down its natural testosterone production. I was on HRT for the past year, but it is nothing like being on cycle as I always seem to feel tired and have no sex drive. I still work out, but have lost size and strength all around. I am wondering if anyone out there may have a suggestion on how to get my body jumpstarted to producing natural testosterone again.
What is the dose of HRT?

klbsa

klbsa

Jan 5, 2011
If you are on test by your dr now, your natural test production will DEF not come back until you stop shooting test for at least 8 weeks.

in the past few years, what is the longest you have gone without gear or HRT?

O

O1dm@n

May 4, 2022
If you are on test by your dr now, your natural test production will DEF not come back until you stop shooting test for at least 8 weeks.

in the past few years, what is the longest you have gone without gear or HRT?
Hard to really say. Definitely not 8 weeks. I guess I should give it a few more weeks to see if things change at all.

O

O1dm@n

May 4, 2022
Has your doctor been doing labs periodically to see how you are responding to TRT? If not, they need to. TRT is not a fire and forget weapon. It takes constant monitoring to get it right.
I haven't had blood work for about 6 months. I have been doing phlebotomy once every month because my elevated Polycythemia Vera to keep my red blood counts at normal levels...due to TRT

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I haven't had blood work for about 6 months. I have been doing phlebotomy once every month because my elevated Polycythemia Vera to keep my red blood counts at normal levels...due to TRT
Yeah, definitely need to get bloodwork done. Your doctor needs their ass whipped for even letting you go that long without doing bloods.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
You don't get polycythemia vera from HRT, PV is a type of blood cancer (MPNs). HRT causes secondary erythrocytosis. They are two very different conditions. 100 mg/wk shouldn't require a phlebo every month. At that frequency your iron levels are likely in the shitter and that is why you are always tired (you can have hypoferritinemia wo anemia that can cause fatigue). Check your ferritin ASAP. 100 mg/wk is nothing, your body having been on AAS for long periods may well require at least 200 mg/wk to get a "normal" response as you may have become androgen resistant and 200 mg/wk is the norm for many HRT clinics these days. Moreover, you'll probably never come back to a level that will make you feel normal again, HRT going forward may be the only option. Adding some HCG (small amount 350 IU 2-3x/wk) may also help with libido, some recent data suggests it helps with guys on HRT because LH regulates other hormones (DHEA being one of them) and that is suppressed with HRT, HCG will mimic LH. Get an iron panel with ferritin along with total/free testosterone and E2 and general chems, see where you are and go from there.

Last edited:
BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
You don't get polycythemia vera from HRT, PV is a type of blood cancer (MPNs). HRT causes secondary erythrocytosis. They are two very different conditions. 100 mg/wk shouldn't require a phlebo every month. At that frequency your iron levels are likely in the shitter and that is why you are always tired (you can have hypoferritinemia wo anemia that can cause fatigue). Check your ferritin ASAP. 100 mg/wk is nothing, your body having been on AAS for long periods may well require at least 200 mg/wk to get a "normal" response as you may have become androgen resistant and 200 mg/wk is the norm for many HRT clinics these days. Moreover, you'll probably never come back to a level that will make you feel normal again, HRT going forward may be the only option. Adding some HCG (small amount 350 IU 2-3x/wk) may also help with libido, some recent data suggests it helps with guys on HRT because LH regulates other hormones (DHEA being one of them) and that is suppressed with HRT, HCG will mimic LH. Get an iron panel with ferritin along with total/free testosterone and E2 and general chems, see where you are and go from there.

Do u have any relatives who practice in Tallahassee, Fl. by chance?....

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic