Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Any good shows on?

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
Ever since started streaming im hooked on all those alaskans shows like mountain men, the last alaskans, yukon men etc. Also any survival show like dual survival, man, women, wild etc. Ive never had much interest in any TV series. They always drag along too long and end shitty .

I stop paying cable for myself about a year ago and my mother's cable bill about 6 months ago its really nice saving about $150 each month and actually having more tv shows and movie options with the fire stick. I wish I would of done it sooner.

Last edited:
IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Same here. Season 1 was good. Season 2 was great. I just finished it last weekend.

My wife and I started the spin off series this week names Baptiste. It's not as intense but intriguing.
You should try Line of Duty. The pace is a little faster but it’s a well done BBC show. Same with Luther.

Determined

Determined

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2012
My fav show I’ve seen pretty much ever was Vikings on Amazon and I just came upon it few months ago watched all the seasons

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
My fav show I’ve seen pretty much ever was Vikings on Amazon and I just came upon it few months ago watched all the seasons

It's a classic. I've watched it twice. Well, except for on the second go around I skipped the last season. I enjoyed it much more with Ragnar.

If you like Vikings, you may like The Last Kingdom. It's pretty good.

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
Ever since started streaming im hooked on all those alaskans shows like mountain men, the last alaskans, yukon men etc. Also any survival show like dual survival, man, women, wild etc. Ive never had much interest in any TV series. They always drag along too long and end shitty .

I stop paying cable for myself about a year ago and my mother's cable bill about 6 months ago its really nice saving about $150 each month and actually having more tv shows and movie options with the fire stick. I wish I would of done it sooner.

Have you seen The Boonies? The guy who lives in the mountain in the Ozarks is hard core. And smart as hell. Guy made a lighting system using wheel hubs, a car alternator and some wire which he set up on a small stream to turn the alternator. Bad ass.

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
Have you seen The Boonies? The guy who lives in the mountain in the Ozarks is hard core. And smart as hell. Guy made a lighting system using wheel hubs, a car alternator and some wire which he set up on a small stream to turn the alternator. Bad ass.
I vaguely remember watching a couple episodes when I had access to it. It was on either Netflix or Hulu. The episode you described reminds me of another show called The Woodsmen. Everyone of these guys you'd think they have a degree in engineering and physics. It so crazy the kind things they can build from junk just laying around.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
"CONCUSSION"

Good movie!....It covers the neurological disease, CTE....Mike "Iron Mike" Webster played for the Stealers/Kansas City Chiefs who contracted this ailment...He was the first to be diagnosed officially with this brain injury...Dr. Bennit Omalu is the Nigerian doctor who discovered the disease and fought to make it known...

It is very sad to know how contact sports cause this dilemma and yet, we as a society continue to promote it (VCS's), without concern for the athletes who are subjected to it (CTE)....We claim we value life, yet on a regular basis continue to slap it (life) in its very face!....

Will Smith, Alec Baldwin, and a few other seasoned actors play the roles of these characters...Give it a watch and see what you think...

P.S .-- I found the movie on 'TUBIA' for FREE!!!

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
OT, fwiw, but in the early 1980s, Terry Todd and Tony Fitton put together The World Series of PL at Auburn University. An invitational PL event with just a few of the top dogs in each weight class, a few seminars, and an early version of WSM contests using just a barbell and 5 Lifts, limited to a select group of NFL players. This was around when Terry Bradshaw + the Steelers won 4 Super Bowls in a 5 year span, and Roger Staubach + the Cowboys were their chief rivals.

It was Steelers Center Mike Webster who won the NFL event, with Steelers OL Jon Kolb taking 2nd.

Sad to see what became of Webster and so many others years later.

Pearl

Pearl

TID Lady Member
Oct 6, 2011
It's a classic. I've watched it twice. Well, except for on the second go around I skipped the last season. I enjoyed it much more with Ragnar.

If you like Vikings, you may like The Last Kingdom. It's pretty good.

Absolutely - THE LAST KINGDOM - excellent writing throughout and I like the main character Uhtred.

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
last time I regularly watched “television shows” was 1997 & doubt any of them are around. On demand only and mostly podcasts here. I just can’t let someone imagine for me I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pearl

Pearl

TID Lady Member
Oct 6, 2011
last time I regularly watched “television shows” was 1997

Working 72hrs on ave, some weeks more, I don't have time for TV, it's work, gym, groceries, home to crash - repeat - but when I do I'll watch History, Discovery, Documentaries or binge watch a series like Vikings. 'Poldark' is next on my list. I enjoy period pieces - I want to imagine living in a different timeframe -- (I don't think I belong in this one lol).

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Working 72hrs on ave, some weeks more, I don't have time for TV, it's work, gym, groceries, home to crash - repeat - but when I do I'll watch History, Discovery, Documentaries or binge watch a series like Vikings. 'Poldark' is next on my list. I enjoy period pieces - I want to imagine living in a different timeframe -- (I don't think I belong in this one lol).

U must be young!!!!....U go, girl!!!!....:cool:

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic