Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Any conditions that led to your trt use?

creekrat

creekrat

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2012
OK, we all know that aging will cause hormonal decline and we can slow or sometimes reverse these effects. There are also medical conditions that can lead to hormonal issue. Just curious as to some of the issues that any of you may have had thatb caused you to need try/hrt?
For me it was a vericocele, a group of parasitic vericose veins, in my scrotum that prevented full maturity of one of my testes. This was removed early in puberty but forgotten until someone mentioned it on another board as their cause for try. My Total t was tested at 317 ng/DL at age 29! I don't remember my e2 or free yes but I do remember that they were impressive and not in a good way.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
For me it was a combination of stress and anti depressants.

I wish I had known sooner I needed trt. Like 4 years sooner.

8thangel

Dec 20, 2010
Just stress... And age... And probably the prescription pain meds I was on for a couple years didn't help either. Finally got my test levels checked over 3 years ago and my level was 298.

Been off the pain meds for over 3 years now too. Had come off them completely when I finally got my levels checked.

T

TaiChiChuan

Oct 25, 2012
My urology doctor discovered that I was using steroids and he promised me to placed on TRT for life, as long as I stop using the steroids, which I didn't, I simply lower the dosage.
He hasn't monitored my test levels or anything in over 4 years only my female PCP does that one, as well as a full spectrum test every 6 months. She's a good woman.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
My urology doctor discovered that I was using steroids and he promised me to placed on TRT for life, as long as I stop using the steroids, which I didn't, I simply lower the dosage.
He hasn't monitored my test levels or anything in over 4 years only my female PCP does that one, as well as a full spectrum test every 6 months. She's a good woman.

Sounds like an ideal situation to me. Question: how did the Urologist discover you were on? Weren't you worried about losing your insurance? I ask because I would like to try for this exact arrangement.

T

TaiChiChuan

Oct 25, 2012
I went in for a routine "out of the blue" prostate gland examination, but before they did the "finger test" and the "camera test", my blood was drawn and I had to wait a couple of hours for the results. This young doctor, I think right out of med school hit the ceiling and jumped out of chair because no one should have a test level of >1,500ng,dl like mine! So this young doctor lectured me on steroid use and the right way with prescribed steroids. I still keep my test at >1,500ng/dl about two weeks every month and let it fall into normal range for the blood testing. I'm a veteran why should I worry about this particular doctor busting me for steroids. I didn't even flinch, laughed a little at him and was very surprised that he has put me on TRT for this long..
It'll be 5 years of non-stop injections next month.

Last edited:
F

floridagrowin

Sep 17, 2013
My test levels went south after I had radiation treatment for a thyroid disease. I've been on TRT for about four years now. I had done many cycles over the years before my thyroid issue but my test levels were always normal post cycle/recovery.

T

TaiChiChuan

Oct 25, 2012
I have a V.A.M.C. ID medical card and a Medicare card.
I'm a senior citizen, but with all of the testosterone coursing through my veins and arteries I actually feel like I'm in my early thirties.

Last edited:
T

TaiChiChuan

Oct 25, 2012
The TRT program has been sabotaged! Instead of 10ml. vials at the beginning of the program to 5ml. vials in the middle the program and now tiny 200ml vials of Testosterone Cypionate!!!?
I've been waiting almost 2 months for the package of two vials to arrive. Nothing. Contacted the pharmacy. Nothing. I thought, "Don't get bent out of shape over two tiny vials when you have desk drawer full of steroids!" It's the principle that matters! I'll make one more phone call to the pharmacy today and it will be my last. At my next visit to my doctor, I'm going to tell her I'm no longer interested in the TRT program through the VA and for my further treatments I will go Online.

T

TaiChiChuan

Oct 25, 2012
I'm no longer with the TRT program at the VA. My doctors have taken me off because of my steroid usage. I'm not going to live with a level of 300ng/dl. a month to please those assholes.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic