pbtom
What's New?

Any car guys in here?

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
My '88 Mustang GT needs some TLC.

My mind is blown how much money those cars fetch now if they're in decent shape.

My first "NEW" car was a 1988 5.0 LX Coupe (Couldn't afford the GT) and back then they were everywhere because they were so cheap. I paid less than $13k for mine brand new.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
I didn't know it was worth much. Its stored winters (I'm in Wisconsin) but I need some engine work and a set of tires. I probably won't get to it this summer because of what's going on at home.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
So really YES a big time car guy, 2019 Escalade Platinum (wifes),2020 Silverado with the 6.2 and a10speed with Ultimate tow package, and a Borlas S exhaust and Pulsar LT module.
Plans are a Blower in a few months looking more at the Procharger than the whipple as the Pro has less overall mods and I can do myself both install and remove later if I want to.
A one owner 2009 Jeep for rock crawling around in the desert in AZ.
I have had quite a few fast and cool cars over the years when I lived in Europe, fastest car of all was a Mercedes SL65 AMG it was fucking nuts and had almost 800 lbs of torque with the Renntech tune on it.
Bought it from a Colonel in the Air Force that was going back to the states on the cheap.
200 plus on the Audabon was effortless, sold it when we moved to Utrecht, Holland as I was not going to have any place to keep it out of the weather.
.First car was a POS 64 plymouth belvedere that I stuffed a 440 in out of a giant plymouth fury in shop class, air shocks, traction bars and cragars all around, no hood and a velocity stack...lol I was LOUD and Proud haha it was a kid car for sure.
Silverado pic says too big but will try to find another

Attachments

• Escalade.jpg
    Escalade.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 113
  • Ricks jeep 2.jpg
    Ricks jeep 2.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 141
  • F6EAE965-87AB-443E-B451-7A41CCC25FC7.jpeg
    F6EAE965-87AB-443E-B451-7A41CCC25FC7.jpeg
    144.4 KB · Views: 120
macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
My '88 Mustang GT needs some TLC.

That is a SWEET project car! LOVE it! I thought about doing a fox body with my son. He is 14 and wants his first car to be a manual RWD. But I realized I dont want to get him into too much car. I think we are going to go the BRZ route with the 200 hp boxer engine. A very fun drivers car, but not so much power he can get in trouble.

Very cool car!

big time car guy, 2019 Escalade Platinum (wifes),2020 Silverado with the 6.2 and a10speed with Ultimate tow package, and a Borlas S exhaust and Pulsar LT module.
Plans are a Blower in a few months looking more at the Procharger than the whipple as the Pro has less overall mods and I can do myself both install and remove later if I want to.
A one owner 2009 Jeep for rock crawling around in the desert in AZ.
I have had quite a few fast and cool cars over the years when I lived in Europe, fastest car of all was a Mercedes SL65 AMG it was fucking nuts and had almost 800 lbs of torque with the Renntech tune on it.
Bought it from a Colonel in the

Nice rides! Some of the AMG stuff is nuts.

When I brought my car down to have a track prep done on it, this was down there! Needless to say NOT stock!

DHmBtOD.jpg

Obw4S1P.jpg

7MmYIlq.jpg

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Track day got canceled due to rain. Rescheduled for later this month.

I pretty much check craigs every morning as part of my ritual, and my son's dream car showed up. It is a 2014 370Z manual w/ about 45k miles.

He is only 14 but I figured it could not hurt to go look at it.

I am thinking about picking it up but I need to get it on a lift first and get a better look at it. Nice little car.

6fwEtqt.jpg

TPTWtGY.jpg

Pearl

Pearl

TID Lady Member
Oct 6, 2011
A one owner 2009 Jeep for rock crawling around in the desert in AZ. QUOTE]

Once a jeep owner, always a jeep owner. I took mine out on the sand on the Outer Banks and needed a little tow inland cause life got just a bit sticky with the tide coming in soon 'cause I was beached. Thankfully lots of people have a line cause it's apparently common for travelers to get stuck on the shoreline. (Thank you hero OBX stranger.)

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
@Pearl
Love jeeps myself. Would really prefer to get my son a jeep, but he is determined to have a 'sporty' car.
One thing I REALLY like are the FJ's. I have a buddy who has a 1-owner 08 w/ 110k miles. Nicely modded. SUPER cool truck and even though it is not for sale, I know I could buy it off him. But my son was not going for it. Heck, I thought about buying it for myself!

R

Restart

VIP Member
Jan 3, 2019
I have had many fox bodied cars and thought i was done until 3 years ago. This car, no rust , many, many stupid things I've replaced or fixed. I got it as a stripped down butchered roller and returned it to EFI. Open the hood and its stock and that was going to change this year but no fucking way now because we're being robbed. I'm probably crazy for continuing.

It has megasquirt pnp2 for a computer, North Race cars cobra brakes, Steeda ultralites, right now its getting Eibach pro kit springs, Max motorsports extremely duty lower control arms, BMR uppers along with the BMR torque box reinforcement kit.

R

Restart

VIP Member
Jan 3, 2019
I tried to attach but the files are too big. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic