Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Any car guys in here?

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
In the spirit of @SAD who rides thread, figured I would start a thread for any car nuts in the group.

For me, I have really gotten into car stuff as my son has gotten older. He is the motivation behind it, and we now do car events whenever we are not busy with soccer.

We are lucky that we are in an area with some super nice rides and pretty much have 'seen it all'. From rarest of the rare orignal Lemans GT40 cars in private collection, to the latest hyper cars.

I will post some pics but dont want to overload so others can share as well.

Our most recent 'rabbit hole' is getting my son into Karting. Basically it was bribery for him to pass this year. Summer school, or summer karting. He chose the latter and I was happy to 'pay up'.

So while I was out of the car stuff for sometime, I am making up for it now!

FqLNV9B.jpg

Original GT40 MKII Lemans winner (Think Ford vs Ferrari) Est value 30mil. In private collection
n8JIYVO.jpg

Tribute modern GT painted to match the car in same collection
4V0JDTy.jpg

koenigsegg gemera
opuV89h.jpg

918 Porsche
thsgTbr.jpg

Full carbon Senna McLaren
ehyDvtK.jpg

Needs no introduction Bugatti
KQDNUzS.jpg

Got tons more, but any car guys around?

BLTC

BLTC

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2010
Quite a few car and bike fans here. I'm sure they'll chime in

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
My 2018 Scat Pack. Not in the league of the cars being posted but had alot of fun with her. Had to trade her in for a Ram 1500 due to the roads in my neck of the woods. While having work done on the front end they noticed the band that held the radiator in place had broken due to constantly being hit by the road. Our area has been deamed the worst roads in American. Constantly filling in pot holes with loose tar. No matter how slow I went the car was constantly bottoming out and what fun is that?

Attachments

• car.jpg
    car.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 65
macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
My 2018 Scat Pack. Not in the league of the cars being posted but had alot of fun with her.

Cool car! I like all kinds of cars. Feel free to share anything. Not just an 'exotic' thing for sure. Just what I end up taking a lot of pics of.

While I appreciate exotics, I also have a 06 Nissan Titan work truck I bought new that I am never selling, and my 'family' car is a Kia Sorrento that I totally love (srs). Our mini van got totaled and I replaced it with Kia and have really enjoyed the car.

Love to get a new Telluride, but the market is so crazy right now.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
One of my business partners just bought a McLaren. I drive a 20 year old Silverado lol

Attachments

• mclaren.png
    mclaren.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 66
macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
One of my business partners just bought a McLaren. I drive a 20 year old Silverado lol

MP4-12C. BRAVE MAN!!!! :)

The lure of "bargain's" in the super car world is best summed up by this car (and most McLarens). You can buy these fairly cheap but McLarens are TERRIBLY unreliable. So much so, that you really cant own them out of warranty.

McLaren will sell you a warranty for 6k a year,(and this requires you to do about 3k of 'standard yearly with them which you pay on top for). So you are spending 9k if nothing goes wrong with the car.

But the people who own then, say the warranty is a BARGAIN since most end up having 40k+per year repair bills on the car. I cant remember how far back they will go with the extended warranties, but the 12C (and any McLaren) is a car I prefer to admire from a far. Almost considered getting a 720s (which have improved the relaibility some) but they are still terrible. (which is why the cars depreciate so much vs say similar priced Lamborghini's or Ferrari's )

My buddy drive the first 765LT delivered. It is coming up on a year old, so he is going to sell. Car actually puts about 825 to the wheels and McLaren Grossly understated the produced HP. It is a 9.4 STOCK car!

It is the far car in this pic (dont be distracted by the two SVJ's ;) )

Below that is a cool pic I snapped of the 765 from my car

Kq8zuvT.jpg

PGwex7z.jpg

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
@macgyver

Yeah I believe he is aware...our other partners thought it was a dumb purchase lol. Like you said nice to admire from afar.
Your buddy's McLaren is dope. That's a shit ton of horsepower. Those SVJ's are fucking sick though!!!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic