Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Antidepressant

Jrod

Jrod

Jun 30, 2022
So I’ve been struggling with some mild depression and overall lack of motivation.
I don’t like taking my prescription Adderall as it causes insomnia for me.
Id like to try a mild antidepressant to see if it will help out until I feel better.
Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations?

HardManifest

HardManifest

MuscleHead
Nov 21, 2022
Dont do it bro. Stay off any meds. Find yourself where you are. Connect to the massive universe. I do a lot of track riding as you can see from my avatar. It's a high high risk, but when calculated correctly it is rewarding. It is a natural high for me. I wear earplugs that cancel 35 decibels when I ride. I also wear the plugs to cancel out the noise when I am outside and when I sleep. It tends to relax me by not paying attention what is going on in this disturbing world we live in. I dont drink alcohol, smoke, or do any of the cannabis to stimulate my thoughts. This is because I don't like getting intoxicated other than the calculated risk of adrenaline I create when I ride on track. I do the weight training to man handle the bike. Once you disconnect from all the surrounding bullshit of this world that is litter at the surface you will feel at peace once you are disconnected.

There are a lot of things that will correlate when transitioning. A clean high nutrient diet, training, and be alone 98% of the time. The most depression experience I've had is when I am around low IQ people or people that dont have much going for themselves. I don't talk to my neighbors, because I don't want to engage in a conversation we have no common interest in. I even can't stand my wife at times. I just stay quiet and walk away in my mind. If I am not weight training I am either working or tinkering in my garage. I have no interest in the materialistic world where most people will just want to absorb other people's energy for their own selfish gains. This is a tactic the mainstream uses to create depression and fear as an energy puller. What you manifest in your mind will become reality. That's my few cents. Stay up bro.

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
So I’ve been struggling with some mild depression and overall lack of motivation.
Id like to try a mild antidepressant to see if it will help out until I feel better.

I would recommend talking to a professional about your depression. Because the wrong decision could cost you your life.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Try supps first bro.

5-hydroxytryptophan helps your body produce more feel good hormones.
L-Theanine takes the edge off anxiety
SAMe has been shown in peer reviewed studies to reduce depression
Make sure you are getting enough magnesium, D3 and taking 2 grams fish oil ED.

My wife has a genetic disease that is insidiously taking her mobility. These supps have made a difference. Not world changing but has increased her quality of life and reduced depression and anxiety.
Those SSRIs are poison.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
Thinking we are supposed to be 'happy' all time was created by BIG PHARMA . I go through some shit now and then too. Acknowledge its natural and temporary.

Jrod

Jrod

Jun 30, 2022
Dont do it bro. Stay off any meds. Find yourself where you are. Connect to the massive universe. I do a lot of track riding as you can see from my avatar. It's a high high risk, but when calculated correctly it is rewarding. It is a natural high for me. I wear earplugs that cancel 35 decibels when I ride. I also wear the plugs to cancel out the noise when I am outside and when I sleep. It tends to relax me by not paying attention what is going on in this disturbing world we live in. I dont drink alcohol, smoke, or do any of the cannabis to stimulate my thoughts. This is because I don't like getting intoxicated other than the calculated risk of adrenaline I create when I ride on track. I do the weight training to man handle the bike. Once you disconnect from all the surrounding bullshit of this world that is litter at the surface you will feel at peace once you are disconnected.

There are a lot of things that will correlate when transitioning. A clean high nutrient diet, training, and be alone 98% of the time. The most depression experience I've had is when I am around low IQ people or people that dont have much going for themselves. I don't talk to my neighbors, because I don't want to engage in a conversation we have no common interest in. I even can't stand my wife at times. I just stay quiet and walk away in my mind. If I am not weight training I am either working or tinkering in my garage. I have no interest in the materialistic world where most people will just want to absorb other people's energy for their own selfish gains. This is a tactic the mainstream uses to create depression and fear as an energy puller. What you manifest in your mind will become reality. That's my few cents. Stay up bro.
This sounds like a great hobby and I can definitely see how it would make you feel good.
I may have to invest in a motorcycle. I do remember the few times I rode, it was pretty exhilarating and I felt good mentally.
I got some agmatine which is a nootropic supplement and will try it out as well as what Jipped suggested.

Doing some research I came across lots of nootropic supplements that supposedly have positive results. I’ll see if I can find the other products and post them.

The Angry Chihuahua

The Angry Chihuahua

Nov 12, 2022
This sounds like a great hobby and I can definitely see how it would make you feel good.
I may have to invest in a motorcycle. I do remember the few times I rode, it was pretty exhilarating and I felt good mentally.
I got some agmatine which is a nootropic supplement and will try it out as well as what Jipped suggested.

Doing some research I came across lots of nootropic supplements that supposedly have positive results. I’ll see if I can find the other products and post them.
I am kind of baffled by the responses here. People talk about gear on this forum like it’s protein powder, but then try to talk you out of medication that might help you. I have been on Prozac for almost thirty years. It is mild, and gives me the level playing field I need to roll with the punches of depression. I am not saying medication is the answer for everyone, but I second the advice to talk with a doctor. If I needed heart medication, I would feel no shame in taking it. Why is this any different? No one is in your shoes, and no one knows your depression but you. Try healthy food, supplements, hobbies, sleep… try lots of things until you find help!

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
I am bipolar or actually what is called "IED" and they lump that into the BP group even though it's not really the same. Don't do any drugs until you have been fully screened by a REAL pro, taking that wrong drug would cost you your life. I have manic/depressive days but more "implosive/explosive" episodes and once that put me on Lexapro and I ended up with a 357 in my mouth with the hammer pulled back. My wife walked in on me and the look on her face was enough to halt the next move. That's when we found out I have IED, not just simple depression. Self-diagnosing in this case is NOT a good idea.

Now with all the above said I do not use any antidepressant drugs. I was on Welbutrin but it did not work so now I am self-managing through retrospect after an episode so I can learn what triggers it and how to breathe through it instead of going nuts and hurting people or myself. I am now using a psilocybin regimen to manage it more. So far it is working better than any other "drug" I have taken in my life and I have been on a lot. IK do 333mg of psilocybin at 6 am, and 333mg at 2:30 pm I'm chill all day. I do two days on and one day off. On the off days I de Delta 8 gummies 50mg twice a day so my body does not require a continuous increase in psilocybe cubensis.

I can see when my IED starts to kick in and most of the time I can keep that switch from flipping but sometimes I can't. The only drug that will eliminate that (for me) would probably be Depakote and that drug will numb your mind so much you walk around like a zombie and you fall asleep while driving, walking, driving, it's scary I was on for about 3 weeks and you have little control over your mind... did not like it at all.

I guess with all that said CHOOSE your road carefully and don't make rash decisions on what you will find online as a beat-all end-all cure for it as you could end up worse off.

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
I have compound PTSD, some seemingly minor childhood stuff which left a smoldering fire....and then a few major events at work threw gasoline on the smoldering fire. As a result, I struggled with major depression, anxiety and some really fucking bad intense flashbacks literally hundreds of times per day. I went down the road of anti-depressants and other meds. Anti-depressants only work for about 20% of people. I was left foggy, uncomfortable, and the depression was not lessened.....at all. I tried about 5 different meds, maybe more, and the first one I tried was Lexapro, which is one of the more commonly prescribed medications supposedly with the fewest side effects. That one was the WORST. Most anti-depressants take 4-8 weeks to start working, and each one I tried for at least 8 weeks, and they all SUCKED.

Many docs, especially your PCP, will just blindly prescribe anti-depressants and other things. After years of attempts with meds and what I didn't realize at the time were some not very good therapists, I had pretty much given up hope and it was only about a year ago when I realized that I was likely to die at my own hands that I made a whole bunch of changes and threw everything at the wall hoping something would stick.

I finally found a therapist who knew what they were doing (my third therapist). I weened myself off the anti-depressants. I started EMDR (it's really good for trauma). I still take a small amount of an anti-anxiety med for sleep, but it's only 1/4 of what I used to take and eventually I will come off that as well.

As trentracks mentioned, MEDITATION is the key. I went through an intensive PTSD program for vets and first responders, and they emphasized the meditation. In fact, every single PTSD program I've ever looked into has emphasized meditation. That's because it absolutely, positively works. Every now and then I start doing really well and I slack on the meditation, and every time, I eventually start sliding backwards. It's only 20 minutes twice per day. I put in earbuds and play the sound of a stream to block outside noises and reach my zen state.

Yes, there is a disconnect on the boards with people willing to put all sorts of substances manufactured in garages, kitchens, etc., into their bodies in a quest for size and shape, yet drag well-tested medications through the mud every time, talking about the harm it does to your body and mind. I am not one of those people. I have been down the anti-depressant road and found it more harmful than helpful. I think you'd do well to listen to advice on this subject only from people who have tried anti-depressants and then quit. I can almost guarantee you than none of them went back on, because once they went off, they were clearer, more comfortable, and realized that the anti-depressants really didn't make a difference but it took going off of them to realize that.

Don't get me wrong, the right anti-depressant can work miracles on the right person, but that scenario is few and far between. The right therapist and meditation is the key....don't even think about trying an anti-depressant until you given therapy and meditation a real try.

If you like, PM me and I will send you (or anyone else interested) some stuff regarding the type of meditation I do. It's the single most effective thing you can do, and it's free.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013

I use lexapro and it has helped me but isn’t too much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLTC

BLTC

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2010
Thinking we are supposed to be 'happy' all time was created by BIG PHARMA . I go through some shit now and then too. Acknowledge its natural and temporary.
Exactly! Life is full of UPS and DOWNS. "Depression" is a part of life we must make friends with in order to appreciate the HIGHS that will come. Without the LOWs we'll never fully appreciate the HIGHS.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic