Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Antibiotics and tendon issues

M

muddog69

VIP Member
Nov 5, 2012
Just an FYI: Last year I had to have a plate put in my shoulder due to I tore the rotator completely off. Two months ago while almost healed, I had to take a 30 day supply of Cipro. Two weeks in, it felt like I caused the same damage to the same shoulder again. Doc did an MRI and injected it only to find nothing wrong. Two weeks after I was done with Cipro, my shoulder pain cleared up and there have been no issues since. The pain was intense and it actually felt like I tore the tendon.....just a heads up if any similar incidents happen to you guys.

Joliver

Joliver

MuscleHead
Jan 19, 2014
Quinolones are hell on tendons. Cipro, levoquin...few others I can't recall.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Yes BE CAREFUL on Cipro when lifting. It is known to cause tears and bursts in tendons

trentracks

trentracks

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 23, 2011
Cipro is on my list of medical allergies,lots of tendon pain Bactrim for the win,after a culture of course

F.I.S.T.

F.I.S.T.

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2011
Thanks for the head up brother.

No surprise there as more and more evidence of just how bad antibiotics can be to a person,especially when abused which is the case of far too many.

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
Quinolones are hell on tendons. Cipro, levoquin...few others I can't recall.

This! ^^^ I had to take Ciproxin for 15 days so I can cofirm that. Both the doctor I went to and the pharmacist warned me about this.

M

muddog69

VIP Member
Nov 5, 2012
Yeah...tell me about it. Thought I tore my shoulder again. I will pay closer attention in the future and try to avoid those at all costs

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic