Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Anterior Deltoid Pain and Stiffness

S

Sherriperoni

TID Lady Member
Mar 25, 2015
I have had this pain for about 5 days now and I'm pretty sure it's from when my 'trainer' at the gym (I no longer use her) had me do lateral shoulder raises on the machine. Weight was too much perhaps? I hate machines but anyway, I digress.
Should I refrain from working my shoulders for a while? Just go light? Keep working them but make sure to stretch and warmup more beforehand? Pain is about a 3 until I'm holding my daughter for too long. Then it tightens up and starts to burn. Ugh.

Also, is this impingement?

F.I.S.T.

F.I.S.T.

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2011
I have had this pain for about 5 days now and I'm pretty sure it's from when my 'trainer' at the gym (I no longer use her) had me do lateral shoulder raises on the machine. Weight was too much perhaps? I hate machines but anyway, I digress.
Should I refrain from working my shoulders for a while? Just go light? Keep working them but make sure to stretch and warmup more beforehand? Pain is about a 3 until I'm holding my daughter for too long. Then it tightens up and starts to burn. Ugh.

Also, is this impingement?

Where is the pain?

Well you definitely want to ALWAYS warm up properly and stretch before,during and after your workouts.

You don't have to skip working shoulders but should of course go lighter and try different exercises that don't exasperate the pain or injury.It could just be a strain but you want to be cautious of course.You can be the true judge though in terms of skipping the delt work outs by the amount of pain you are experiencing.If its too great,then by all means skip the workout till you feel less pain.Nothing wrong with skipping your workouts if hurt.

Be smart and do what feels best for you and come back strong once healed up darlin.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Does the pain seem to be in the joint or tendons, or the muscle? Was it caused solely by an intense workout? Do you have any bruising?

If the pain is muscular and was caused by an intense workout and there is no bruising, you are probably experiencing DOMS that can last up to a week or two after a particularly intense exercise session. DOMS is not a bad thing and shows you stressed the muscle.

If the joint or tendons hurt, or if you have bruising, you might have an injury, in which case you should take it easy and look for improvement. If the pain is serious and sharp and does not improve with warming up and mild exercise, go see a professional to have it checked out.

S

Sherriperoni

TID Lady Member
Mar 25, 2015
I'm pretty sure it was the muscle, and when I looked into it more it seemed like it was actually more my pectoralis major. So maybe I hurt it from doing bench presses... ?

Anyway, I stretched it, iced it, put a warm rice bag on it and tried doing the following:

I held a pvc pipe in front of me at my waist, raised it over my head and then brought it around to my back, all while keeping my hands on the pvc and arms straight. Felt.so.good.

I have no idea what actually did the trick but it's much better today. Never heard of DOMS but I'll look into it so I know for next time.

Thanks all!

F.I.S.T.

F.I.S.T.

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2011
I'm pretty sure it was the muscle, and when I looked into it more it seemed like it was actually more my pectoralis major. So maybe I hurt it from doing bench presses... ?

Anyway, I stretched it, iced it, put a warm rice bag on it and tried doing the following:

I held a pvc pipe in front of me at my waist, raised it over my head and then brought it around to my back, all while keeping my hands on the pvc and arms straight. Felt.so.good.

I have no idea what actually did the trick but it's much better today. Never heard of DOMS but I'll look into it so I know for next time.

Thanks all!

Great to hear that you're feeling better.

Keep those warm up going as well as the stretching darlin.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic