Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Answer of the question

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
So the answer of the question is to sanction the Russian people into submission?

Once again the people suffering the consequences of a shit government.

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
It’s a very complicated situation. One has to look at the historical and strategic reason to invade. I don’t claim to know them all but here are a couple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
It’s a very complicated situation. One has to look at the historical and strategic reason to invade. I don’t claim to know them all but here are a couple
I'll watch it in a minute, but yeah, historically Russia, Belarus, and the Ukraine are tied together and Kiev or Kyiv was where the whole culture began following Mongol domination of the area. But as we have seen many Ukranians are nationalistic and love that they are not the same. Also, Putin's claims that he's invading because they are all Russians anyway reminds me of the Nazi's "Anschluss" of Austria (cue Sound of Music) and occupation of the Sudetenland because they were "German".

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Sanctions while we are buying Russian oil, yep, that makes sense.

Guess we are trying to have the people get sick enough to overthrow the Gov't before they are waiting in bread lines again.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I'm a bit surprised these sanctions have been so effective. Several of Russia's major oil companies (gov't run Gazprom and privately run Lukoil) have completely cratered, and this means that a bunch of powerful and prsently much less wealthy oligarchs are really pissed. Putin has to worry about hanging from a lamppost, if he's not careful.

It looks like he gravely miscalculated. Ukraine was supposed to implode immediately, and Europe was supposed to go along with it because they are dependent on Russia for 35% of their energy. IMO, that was a reasonable assumption, but he was wrong, and now he's in big trouble. Even if he captures Ukraine, he'll be dealing with an insurgency, and young Russian conscripts will be returning home in coffins.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Sanctions while we are buying Russian oil, yep, that makes sense.

Guess we are trying to have the people get sick enough to overthrow the Gov't before they are waiting in bread lines again.

no shit, paid $4 for Russian gas the other day. Rather pay $4 for North American gas.

Jayne Scott

Jayne Scott

TID Lady Member
Feb 7, 2022
So the answer of the question is to sanction the Russian people into submission?

Ain't that the truth!

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
Soon you'll have Iranian gas to fill your tanks. Sitting at the table with Russians and Iranian terrorists. I somehow wake up everyday wishing we were in 2019...but rather in an upside down world....which could expire very soon.

CRC1276

CRC1276

VIP Member
Sep 10, 2015

Unfortunately this is what all governments do. Make people pay for their mistakes. It’s a joke. Putting sanctions on Russia only hurts their people. I just read master card and visa banned their services in Russia. Wtf. Who do these idiots think their hurting.

Bottom line in my opinion this Russia Ukraine thing is what happens when you continually push globalism. Why do we even need nato anymore really. Most of these nations don’t even pay as much into it as their supposed to. And you bet your ass they wouldn’t be fast to react if shit with us was going down.

It’s like this was provoked to be honest. Isn’t this all the world was talking about weeks before it even happened. Seems to covidish to me.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
WTF is wrong with Bidens puppet masters when even Nancy pelosi supports shifting from Russian gas?

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Anyone notice how the news is reporting less on Ukraine? And to make matters worse, anyone trying to buy a car right now?

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Anyone notice how the news is reporting less on Ukraine? And to make matters worse, anyone trying to buy a car right now?
Yep, can't find a freaking car, didn't even know that was a real thing, thought it was fake news like everything else.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic