Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Another Surgery...

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
Stop playing my man. It was hard to walk away, but I played in the same kind of league as you are. You will miss it, but you'll start to enjoy going to work without broken fingers, swollen ankles, and headaches. Unless of course, you plan on becoming one of those 45 yr old maniacs who are still playing. I do know a few of them.

I started seeing to many guys missing work like you are because of football injuries, and realized that as much as I loved to play, I wasn't earning a living from it.

Powerlifting is much safer IMO.

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
It's true; it's getting to the point that it's not worth it anymore. As much as I love playing, making a living is more important. I've been giving some serious thought to walking away and focusing that time and energy on the gym instead

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Hey HA, sorry to hear about the injury. I'm with you. I was playing tackle football with the guys a few years back and broke one of my fingers just grabbing one of the guy's sweatshirt as he ran by me. Didn't even have a spectacular tackle to show for it. As we get older, things just aren't as strong and robust, and being out of the work is huge deal.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic