Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Another POS protesting the flag at Olympic trials.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
American's love their freedom, and personal cars are a part of that. The (what you think is convenient, but isn't) rail system and bicycle lanes wider than car lanes works for people who are fine with letting the government think for them.

When I was working in Mayen some friends took a train to Cologne for Carnival because the city was packed. And took the car all the other times. No ones putting up with the inconvenience and the not-that-cheap train ticket.

A friend of mine lives in Dresden and rides his bike to the train, puts it on the train and rides, gets off and bikes the rest of the way to work. Nice for him. I would literally kill someone if I was forced to do that.

I would love it, personally. It’s efficient when the workplace and commerce structure is built for it. Autos aren’t illegal there, so gov’t isn’t stripping freedom of motion / individual travel. The railway and subway systems throughout Europe are simply a better developed version of mass transit.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
American's love their freedom, and personal cars are a part of that. The (what you think is convenient, but isn't) rail system and bicycle lanes wider than car lanes works for people who are fine with letting the government think for them.

When I was working in Mayen some friends took a train to Cologne for Carnival because the city was packed. And took the car all the other times. No ones putting up with the inconvenience and the not-that-cheap train ticket.

A friend of mine lives in Dresden and rides his bike to the train, puts it on the train and rides, gets off and bikes the rest of the way to work. Nice for him. I would literally kill someone if I was forced to do that.

AMEN!!!! When I lived in Manhattan I had to park my car in a garage and leave it. I ABSOLUTELY HATED IT! Talk about a huge loss of freedom. I hated taking a damn train, the buses were horrible and taxis tried to rip you off every time you got in one. I have always parked my car in the garage of my home and driven everywhere I want to go. I am not interested in public transportation at all. The only time I will get on a bike is in the gym. Riding a bicycle here is very dangerous. I completely agree with you, I don't need big brother taking me where I need to go. I am fully capable of driving myself.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
We can go in and literally STOP countries, including wiping out their ENTIRE FAMILY, from operating, yet, nobody can STOP the blood-thirsty cartels!....What gives, ST?...

Follow the money.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I worked in Mayen, Germany (near Koblenz) a few years back and really liked the Rhine and Mosel River Valleys, Cochem, etc. and the people were great people.

I was told that Koblenz was as far north as the Romans ever got (at least among the germanic tribes), and the fort they built on the northern border of the empire is still there. I guess they looked north and asked themselves, "why freeze my ass off?" LOL

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
BackAtIt said:
We can go in and literally STOP countries, including wiping out their ENTIRE FAMILY, from operating, yet, nobody can STOP the blood-thirsty cartels!....What gives, ST?...

Follow the money.

In your opinion, who is worse?...The "drug user" or the "drug pusher/ones allowing it for money"?....

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
In your opinion, who is worse?...The "drug user" or the "drug pusher/ones allowing it for money"?....

I'll jump in lol.

The pushers are a bigger problem then the end users imo. Stop the smuggling and the users are screwed.

Buit that'll never happen.

Mankind loves to self medicate....

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012

Damn I am so fucking conservative so you will be surprised...........NEITHER! I think all of it needs to be legal and get government out of our lives. We have enough laws. If someone get addicted it is their own fault as no one makes you buy from the pusher.

What about when government becomes the supplier?

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
I'll jump in lol.

The pushers are a bigger problem then the end users imo. Stop the smuggling and the users are screwed.

Buit that'll never happen.

Mankind loves to self medicate....

Well, if that be the matter, then I guess we are ALL screwed, tattooed, and occasionally sued!...No hope!....:(:confused:

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Damn I am so fucking conservative so you will be surprised...........NEITHER! I think all of it needs to be legal and get government out of our lives. We have enough laws. If someone get addicted it is their own fault as no one makes you buy from the pusher.

What about when government becomes the supplier?

Yep, that's how I look at it, with exception of the kids that get it...A lot of those pushers prey upon our young ones!...But I do agree, a grown man/woman should be allowed to make THEIR OWN DECISION(S)...Thank you for your view, my garganchuan friend!...

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
BA, I am not so sure any pusher preys on kids. That will bring heat on your very quickly when mom and dad discover their baby got some dope. I honestly believe as a parent, that if mom and dad watch their kids closely and those they hang out with they will wait until they are moved out of the house to ever try to pull the wool over their parent's eyes. My wife and i know too well what high looks like and our kid never tried that while he lived with us. It his business afterwards and he will suffer the consequences. So many of our addicts are getting pharmaceutical opiates from medical doctors. My only brother was one of those and it eventually led to his suicide. I blame him, and his wife that put up with it for many years. But as you said, this is a decision we all get to make as an adult. If you get high and break a law then you deserve to be prosecuted for that law. Too much now our legal system is allowing drug addicts to play the victim card.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
BA, I am not so sure any pusher preys on kids. That will bring heat on your very quickly when mom and dad discover their baby got some dope. I honestly believe as a parent, that if mom and dad watch their kids closely and those they hang out with they will wait until they are moved out of the house to ever try to pull the wool over their parent's eyes. My wife and i know too well what high looks like and our kid never tried that while he lived with us. It his business afterwards and he will suffer the consequences. So many of our addicts are getting pharmaceutical opiates from medical doctors. My only brother was one of those and it eventually led to his suicide. I blame him, and his wife that put up with it for many years. But as you said, this is a decision we all get to make as an adult. If you get high and break a law then you deserve to be prosecuted for that law. Too much now our legal system is allowing drug addicts to play the victim card.

Yes, I meant to put that in my original post!...That it is up to the parent(s) to know what their children are involved in/with....It seems tho, ST, that in this day and time the "family" unit is broken?...There are so many kids without parents or parents who themselves are on dope/debilitating circumstances that don't get the needed "parenting" they should....

The reason I made that point about pushers targeting kids was because of my own family experiences...One of my aunt's o/d at the ripe age of 16....Her boyfriend was around 22 and was a known doper and pusher...Her mother and father tried to intervene as well as her brothers and sisters...However, she was too far gone to help...My grandparents were devasted when she passed and tried to get the boyfriend put away...Nothing ever came about in regards to him getting any type of punishment, legally, that is....Also, I was thinking about the kids that have run away or have been kidnapped and are used for sex trafficking....From what I understand, the pushers' main weapon of control is to get em hooked on dope....

Really sorry to hear that about your brother, friend, especially knowing he was your only brother!...U do have TID as a go-to for brotherhood thankfully!...Hopefully, it will stay up and running for a long while...Seems like we are pretty much on the same page here!...

Anyway, in my honest humble opinion, as a society in general, I really don't know what the answer is to all the issues that humanity is facing?....It's always good conversing with u, my friend!.... I Really enjoy your camaraderie!!!...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic