Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Another POS protesting the flag at Olympic trials.

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
As a competitor however, you are in fact representing yourself as well. Athletes aren’t robots — you want to perform well for yourself, your teammates, or whatever it may be.
The incident of turning her back from the flag was a silent protest — it wasn’t a speech, nor major interruption. The question should simply be asked of her; “Why did you do it? “IF there’s something in a contract of her’s that disallows such a thing, then that can be taken up between that agency and herself — not become a mainstream politicized narrative for every Tom, Dick and Harry to fixate on.

Again, IF we want to mandate various rituals and whatnot, then we’re turning North Korean like.

So you find requiring people who represent our country to do so with some dignity to be like North Korea?
Sorry but its not acceptable to disrespect your country and flag when you voluntary signed up to do so.
You should be fired from that, just like you would if you disrespected your company.

You can protest all you want but on your own time.
Not the time you voluntarily gave to the country.

Yes, it was speech when she turned her back on the country and had a shirt that said "activist athlete".
It was planned from the beginning. She did it for the mainstream political narrative so thats where it will be discussed.

I say fire anyone that does not respect the country in this case.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
At the Olympic trials in Oregon where Gwen Berry did what she did — it was allowed, according to the following statement:

This year, the trials have allowed "respectful demonstrations on the topic of racial and social justice," according to an open letter to athletes by U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Committee CEO Sarah Hirshland.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
“So you find requiring people who represent our country to do so with some dignity to be like North Korea?
Sorry but its not acceptable to disrespect your country and flag when you voluntary signed up to do so.”

I find any of what you mentioned mandated and punishment / force imposed to be North Korean like — dictatorial.

Emotionalism and expectation to be as jingoistic as a segment of the population is, isn’t justification nor lawful to impose upon any other with free agency over themselves.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Sorry but its not acceptable to disrespect your country and flag when you voluntary signed up to do so.

I didn't realize athletes were required to take a stand for a countries flag?....I'm neutral, so if I were to want to play a professional sport in the particular country that I lived in, does this mean I would have to worship that country (flag) too?....:confused:....

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
I didn't realize athletes were required to take a stand for a countries flag?....I'm neutral, so if I were to want to play a professional sport in the particular country that I lived in, does this mean I would have to worship that country (flag) too?....:confused:....

We are talking about the Olympics there.
This is where you represent your country and not yourself.

Professional athletes needs to follow the rules of their employer so they can do whatever they want within that.

I wouldnt represent something I dont respect.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
At the Olympic trials in Oregon where Gwen Berry did what she did — it was allowed, according to the following statement:

This year, the trials have allowed "respectful demonstrations on the topic of racial and social justice," according to an open letter to athletes by U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Committee CEO Sarah Hirshland.

Yes, the US Olympic governing body is allowing them to do what ever the hell they want.

From a coaches stand point athletics has never been about diversity or racism. The goal is to win and you always take the best athlete for the team regardless of their race or religion. So all of this protesting tells me that the athlete is being distracted from their job. Their job is to put 100% into winning. They want to protest go do it after you win. They are there representing their country. If you hate the country then go to another one and represent them.

We have had blacks in the Olympics a long time. In 1900 , French soccer player Constantin Henriquez de Zubiera entered the Olympics. That same year, Constantin Henriquez, won a gold medal in 1900 Olympic rugby tournament, making him the first black Olympic champion.

Diversity.........WTF look at all the black athletes representing Team USA in Toyko.....not such bad representation considering they are 13% of total population. Turn on the NBA sometime and count the white people playing. Not many. Coaches take the best talent they can find. Simple.

Diversity and social justice has never one a game in the history of sports. Putting the best athletes you can find on the playing field wins games. If I coached a team on one of my best athletes was spending all of their time being an activist, they will be fired from the team and replaced with someone who has their entire focus on winning. Poor activist athletes need to be kicked in their asses and given a dose of reality.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010

Professional athletes needs to follow the rules of their employer so they can do whatever they want within that.

She didn’t violate the rules. So there’s just emotions about rituals in dispute now.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016

Can't someone respect an entity without worshiping, getting involved in ritual activity, idolizing, etc on behalf of the entity?....

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
She didn’t violate the rules. So there’s just emotions about rituals in dispute now.

I didnt say she did.
Yes, this is all about emotions. Nothing else.

Didnt say did.
Can't someone respect an entity without worshiping, getting involved in ritual activity, idolizing, etc on behalf of the entity?....

Would you have someone represent you if they didnt respect you or like you?

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Whether or not she violated rules depends greatly on where it happened. Her previous activism was done under the IOC rule while competing for the USA at the Panama Games. She violated the IOC's Rule of 50 and received a 1 year suspension. Too bad the USOC allows this kind of crap on our own soil.

Seems like this little twit is very familiar with breaking the rules. The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency in 2016 suspended her for three months for using an inhaler containing the banned substance Vilanterol Trifenatate. I guess because she is black she thinks she can use an inhaled beta-2 agonists despite it being against the WADA doping rules.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Yea, they have it so bad here in America. Imagine doing this kind of crap in North Korea or Iran? It would be the last thing they do.

The point is; What Gwen Berry did CAN be done in America. BUT if we go the direction of freaking out and making it a”federal case” (meaning, a big fucking issue) that one isn’t free to do so — THEN we’re acting more like North Korea.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
The point is; What Gwen Berry did CAN be done in America. BUT if we go the direction of freaking out and making it a”federal case” (meaning, a big fucking issue) that one isn’t free to do so — THEN we’re acting more like North Korea.

I mighta highlighted the "WE'RE" part instead of the "then" part, but otherwise I agree.

NO place I'd rather be than America, but I never understood how some Americans from the 1600s on to the critics of today's Kaepernicks and Gwen Berrys can so easily condemn other Americans for illustrating one of the freedoms that makes America so great.

Some of those 1600s Americans came here to flee religious persecution in Europe, then turned around and burned "witches" they disapproved of once they got here. At least we've toned it down a little since .........

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic