Members
Latest Member
pbtom

Anderson Silva's leg (gif)

chestrockwell420

chestrockwell420

MuscleHead
Oct 9, 2012
watched the fight at the house. was def a nasty way to end a fight. i thought the first fight was fixed so hoping Silva would show up and win this one...sux his carreer is prolly over...

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
I really do get what you're saying, but there are numerous instances of Anderson disrespecting opponents for no tactical reason whatsoever. When he "fought" Damien Maia is when I lost all respect for Silva as a professional. Still the best, but not a professional. He taunted for no reason, tortured instead of finishing, ran away more than half the time because Maia had sneaky heavy hands he wasn't expecting, and just generally pissed off the whole fighting world and especially his own country. Maia is a classy guy from the same country and he couldn't show him a modicum of decency. I lost it for Rhonda on this season of TUF.

Again, I agree with a lot of what you said, but I have an opinion of Silva and Rousey that shouldn't affect whether or not I'm as good a person as they are.

hmmmmmmmmmmm sounds like someone else we know...Floyd Mayweather!

As for Rhonda, I feel the same.

Thing is, I will always give props for skills...even if I can't stand the fighter.

Would I rather be GSP or Anderson Silva.....I'm thinking GSP..................Keep it classy San Diego ;)

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
When I took bjj my instructor knew him from brazil and said he was a cool cat. His behavior in the ring was to psych out the opponent and get him to make a mistake. I get what gunslinger is saying. Tito Ortiz did along with many others but he wasn't as demonized as Silva is.

Anderson may have been that way in the beginning but he hasn't been that way in a very long time. His in ring presence and out of the ring presence are the same.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
I really do get what you're saying, but there are numerous instances of Anderson disrespecting opponents for no tactical reason whatsoever. When he "fought" Damien Maia is when I lost all respect for Silva as a professional. .

me too x 1000....that was a fkn mockery of the sport. I remember Dana throwing the belt at him and his choice words at the press conference like it was yesterday.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
me too x 1000....that was a fkn mockery of the sport. I remember Dana throwing the belt at him and his choice words at the press conference like it was yesterday.

See, thats what I don't get. Roy Jones Jr did the exact same things in boxing and everyone loved him for it. At times he would take it 10 times over what Silva did. Why the double standard in MMA?

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
See, thats what I don't get. Roy Jones Jr did the exact same things in boxing and everyone loved him for it. At times he would take it 10 times over what Silva did. Why the double standard in MMA?

If it makes you feel better, they hate Mayweather for the same thing :)

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
If it makes you feel better, they hate Mayweather for the same thing :)

I don't get it. People seem to have this fake ass idea of how someone is supposed to act when they reach a certain level at something. But it seems it only applies to certain people.

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
I don't get it. People seem to have this fake ass idea of how someone is supposed to act when they reach a certain level at something. But it seems it only applies to certain people.

For me, it's not what I expect from someone or how I think they should act (guess that could be the same thing) It's just how I perceive people. It's just as much my right to think they are acting like dicks/bitches as it is their right to act like one. It's really that simple. :)

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Can't stand any of the previously mentioned names either. Cocky pricks IMO. I don't care how good you are at your craft. Take a page out of Barry sanders book and "act like you've been there before"

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic