Members
Latest Member
pbtom

Anderson Silva's leg (gif)

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
Not that it matters or has anything to do with watching a fight or having an opinion on 1 kick..., I boxed growing up and took BJJ for about 7 years. Entered a couple tourneys did awesome got a couple medals in the bottom drawer of my dresser but never aspired for it to be anything more than a hobby. Im a fan of Muay Thai among other martial arts but I will be honest I have never been outside kicking banana tree's down or punching rice. I was never built for speed that's why I stuck with boxing and grappling. The size I am now 6' 270 lbs if I don't disable your ass in about 120 seconds I will be sucking wind so boxing ***(knowing how to throw a punch, not going 12 rounds)*** and grappling ***(take downs and joint manipulation)*** are well suited for me. I made a comment that I thought it was a bad move and I still think it was. Didn't know it would end up a pissing contest...

***Edited it before this post gets picked apart.

That's awesome dude. Wasn't a pissing match question, or at least wasn't meant to be. Was just curious of you had any martial arts back ground, one of the few things I really enjoy discussing with people. Guess I should have worded it better.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
This is a bit off topic but I sure am seeing a lot of hate for Anderson and Ronda on facebook and different forums. Why? Because Anderson was by far the best there has ever been? Ronda is not required to hug and cuddle the girl she just fu cked up. I really don't get that shit. Anderson has embarrassed almost every top fighter he has ever went against and Ronda would slaughter all but the top men in the sport. There is no one even close to being in her league at this point. Yet people hate. For all the hatin mother fuc kers out there, you will never be ever 1/10 the fighter or person either of these people are.

End rant

Last edited by a moderator:
SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
This is why I don't go to bars to watch the fights. Bunch of drunk MMA geniuses talking shit about that which they know very little about.

I tried to join this conversation to help give my professional (if I fought professionally can I call it a professional opinion?) opinion. My first two posts were not hateful or pissy. After that it degraded into a lopsided pissing lesson.

GiantSlayer- if I were at a computer I could explain this better, but freak accidents still happen in the face of physics.

Gunslinger- how can you tell Rhonda and Anderson haters that they aren't 1/10th the person that Rhonda and Anderson are? Do you know both parties (the haters AND the fighters) personally? I couldn't possibly make that absurd judgment call, but I can say that neither of them are humble and classy champions. Both were/are poor representatives of the sportsmanship in MMA. Whether or not they are good people, I don't know, but I wouldn't elevate them to God-status and say they are 10x better people than everyone else.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
This is why I don't go to bars to watch the fights. Bunch of drunk MMA geniuses talking shit about that which they know very little about.

I tried to join this conversation to help give my professional (if I fought professionally can I call it a professional opinion?) opinion. My first two posts were not hateful or pissy. After that it degraded into a lopsided pissing lesson.

GiantSlayer- if I were at a computer I could explain this better, but freak accidents still happen in the face of physics.

Gunslinger- how can you tell Rhonda and Anderson haters that they aren't 1/10th the person that Rhonda and Anderson are? Do you know both parties (the haters AND the fighters) personally? I couldn't possibly make that absurd judgment call, but I can say that neither of them are humble and classy champions. Both were/are poor representatives of the sportsmanship in MMA. Whether or not they are good people, I don't know, but I wouldn't elevate them to God-status and say they are 10x better people than everyone else.

It bothers me to see people hating on them because of some perceived notion that they should be humble. These guys and gals have worked their asses off to get where they are. Work that most of these haters would get sick even trying to imagine. They are under no obligation to "humble" themselves for the fans viewing pleasure. I've seen this for years even with the fighters I've trained. I don't think either are poor representatives of the sportsmanship in MMA. I haven't seen either one breaking rules. Maybe they don't fit what you think they should be. From interviews I've seen they are both very professional. When they get in the cage their job is not to make the crowd happy by being humble. Their job is to win pure and simple.

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
anderson kicked just like he did since he was 15...shit happens in a fight

Reactions: SAD
extremevet

extremevet

MuscleHead
Oct 18, 2011
When I took bjj my instructor knew him from brazil and said he was a cool cat. His behavior in the ring was to psych out the opponent and get him to make a mistake. I get what gunslinger is saying. Tito Ortiz did along with many others but he wasn't as demonized as Silva is.

Last edited:
F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
Extremevet I remember when my good friend who runs an mma club here in oz took me to my first cage match sat ring side it was awesome he is the head judge in mma here in oz and I couldn't believe the technicality of mma as he was explaining me the moves, locks and so on.i am not an expert on it far from it but I was surprised how his leg just broke like that.i was wondering did silva carry a stress fracture into the cage without knowing?by the way who did you study under in bjj.my friend has a bjj trainer named the shark Brazilian guy forgot his real name really cool guy studied under Gracie back in Brazil.if your ever down here in Sydney Australia pm me and I'll introduce to kon pappy from the fight lab by the way met and hung out with Brian ebersole from the USA cool kat came fought for a title.gave our local champ a beating which they stopped the fight.met hecter Lombard fu$k his loose scared the fu$k out me lol.

extremevet

extremevet

MuscleHead
Oct 18, 2011
My instructor studied under Jean Machado then Carlos Gracie Jr at the Gracie Barra academy. He grew up with Ryan Gracie (rip), and the usual suspects. The only reason I was any good was because I was strong (my flexibility has always sucked). I had a hell of a double leg and I could always power my way to the mount or keep someone in side control then get them with a paintbrush or choke em out with their GI.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
It bothers me to see people hating on them because of some perceived notion that they should be humble. These guys and gals have worked their asses off to get where they are. Work that most of these haters would get sick even trying to imagine. They are under no obligation to "humble" themselves for the fans viewing pleasure. I've seen this for years even with the fighters I've trained. I don't think either are poor representatives of the sportsmanship in MMA. I haven't seen either one breaking rules. Maybe they don't fit what you think they should be. From interviews I've seen they are both very professional. When they get in the cage their job is not to make the crowd happy by being humble. Their job is to win pure and simple.

I really do get what you're saying, but there are numerous instances of Anderson disrespecting opponents for no tactical reason whatsoever. When he "fought" Damien Maia is when I lost all respect for Silva as a professional. Still the best, but not a professional. He taunted for no reason, tortured instead of finishing, ran away more than half the time because Maia had sneaky heavy hands he wasn't expecting, and just generally pissed off the whole fighting world and especially his own country. Maia is a classy guy from the same country and he couldn't show him a modicum of decency. I lost it for Rhonda on this season of TUF.

Again, I agree with a lot of what you said, but I have an opinion of Silva and Rousey that shouldn't affect whether or not I'm as good a person as they are.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Is there really 3 pages of arguing here cause someone broke their leg while throwing a kick??

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Well you just made it four pages, so............

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
By the way, I never received a PM from the moderator who deleted my post. I thought asking for an explanation through PM was the way to go, but apparently not?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic