Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism

Anderson Silva's leg (gif)

Samson

Samson

MuscleHead
Dec 8, 2013
As far as the kick goes, if you watch the second replay and watch the the direction of the kick it certainly looks like he was aiming for the inside just above the knee. That defense coupled with bad luck caused the end of his career.

As for the ladies,
It's a fairly new sport for them and they are getting better all the time. I can't stand Ronda but she has some nice jujisu skills and put Tate on the defense all night.

I like watching the ladies in fact the entire house party i was at was locked into that fight more so than the others except the main event.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I know quite a bit about Rhonda. She is a world-class FEMALE fighter, the best American female judo player ever, and a judo Olympian.

Huge difference in MMA skills though. How long do you think she'd last against mighty-mouse or benavidez? She's taller than them and heavier than them and likely close to as strong as them. If skill was the same, she should beat them up right? She wouldn't last 1 round.

I think she's undoubtedly a badass female fighter, but the striking skills especially remind me of MMA from the late 90s.

Samson

Samson

MuscleHead
Dec 8, 2013
I didn't think we were comparing men to women. That's not a fair comparison. I thought it was skill as a female athlete.
she has very good skills we can agree on that. Do I prefer watching the men fight yes, but as you said they have skill and at least for me are fun to watch.

ajdonutz

ajdonutz

VIP Member
May 23, 2012
SAD is spot on with everything in here. The outcome of that leg kick was a freak accident, nothing Weidman would've done could have been any sort of direct cause of silvas leg turning rubber. And The females of the sport are new to it and are still learning technique. The guys have been fighting guys for much much longer and know all the techniques and fight at a much more technical level, nothing against the women, they just aren't at the same level yet. I'm sure one day they will stack up.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Oh I was definitely comparing men to women, lol. But not to show anything other than the discrepancy in skill.

Thanks ajordana, and I agree completely that they will eventually have depth in the ranks of really skilled fighters, but it could be a decade or more away.

extremevet

extremevet

MuscleHead
Oct 18, 2011
Maybe we are looking at a different video. Weidman did not even have to turn his body to stop Silva from hitting the inside of his knee. He just raised his leg up. Actually he turned to his left a little. Silvas knee was level with Weidmans knee when his leg broke. Look at the video and pause it then say it was a textbook kick.
Silva.jpg

Last edited:
GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
The laws of physics always apply. There are no freak accidents. There is a reason the leg broke. Take the same leg and create the same forces and it would break again.

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
His done this a million times in the past but at the end of the day it's his body saying enough is enough.his been an awesome champion but the body can only take so much.

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
Maybe we are looking at a different video. Weidman did not even have to turn his body to stop Silva from hitting the inside of his knee. He just raised his leg up. Actually he turned to his left a little. Silvas knee was level with Weidmans knee when his leg broke. Look at the video and pause it then say it was a textbook kick.
View attachment 5550

Very much a text book kick.

Got to ask extreme, what is your martial arts back ground?

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
I came close to having my leg do this years ago when I first got into Muay Thai. The other guy blocked and was turning in from my right leg. This was after a jab/cross/hook combo so I was not expecting a block. I thought sure my leg was broken and was skittish about throwing any leg kicks for close to two years.

extremevet

extremevet

MuscleHead
Oct 18, 2011
Not that it matters or has anything to do with watching a fight or having an opinion on 1 kick..., I boxed growing up and took BJJ for about 7 years. Entered a couple tourneys did awesome got a couple medals in the bottom drawer of my dresser but never aspired for it to be anything more than a hobby. Im a fan of Muay Thai among other martial arts but I will be honest I have never been outside kicking banana tree's down or punching rice. I was never built for speed that's why I stuck with boxing and grappling. The size I am now 6' 270 lbs if I don't disable your ass in about 120 seconds I will be sucking wind so boxing ***(knowing how to throw a punch, not going 12 rounds)*** and grappling ***(take downs and joint manipulation)*** are well suited for me. I made a comment that I thought it was a bad move and I still think it was. Didn't know it would end up a pissing contest...

***Edited it before this post gets picked apart.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic