Members
Latest Member
pbtom

Anderson Silva's leg (gif)

extremevet

extremevet

MuscleHead
Oct 18, 2011
Just to clarify this was my personal opinion, non trolling, non inflammatory post. If people want to somehow get excited and disheveled about it that is on them.

"Why would he be kicking his shin? He aimed low it wasn't even a block. Stupid move on Silvas part."

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
****.... My girl pulled up UFC on Hulu- I watched the July bout last night- eeeesh...

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
Listen guy, you're making yourself look bad so you should probably stop now. You can't deaden the muscle tissue of the tibialis anterior. It's a muscle. When I mentioned the "deadening" I am speaking of the tibia itself. So that's that.

That kick is used effectively everyday and it isn't about damaging muscle tissue, as I've already said. You're having trouble understanding what I mean by that. It isn't aimed at muscle tissue. THAT'S why it wasn't designed to do damage to muscle tissue. It has nothing to do with how hard he turned his hip over. That said, that kick was like 75% power, MAX. If you knew jack-shit about mma or Muay Thai or even kickboxing, you'd know that. Then again, if you knew anything about this stuff, we wouldn't be having this retarded lopsided "debate".

You're wrong bud. You shoulda just left it at that.

This right here! After spending almost the last 18 years or so kickboxing, these are things your learn. Couldn't have said it better myself SAD.

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
Just to clarify this was my personal opinion, non trolling, non inflammatory post. If people want to somehow get excited and disheveled about it that is on them.

"Why would he be kicking his shin? He aimed low it wasn't even a block. Stupid move on Silvas part."

Look at it this way. Shin or thigh taking the impact, if you're getting chopped down at the legs and can't stand with a solid base you can't fight efficiently.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
The impressive part here is the defense. See how he collects the kick towards the inside and allows the force to transfer his own leg from inside to outside landing in the reverse stance. Well done. The leg broke because the strike landed too high up on the shin allowing the inertia of the rest of the leg to wrap around the other guys knee.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Extremevet, I'm responding to these posts because I DO have experiential knowledge of this stuff. Reading back, I don't think my first two posts to you were attacking at all, rather just explaining why it wasn't stupid. Then you came back with an attitude "yeah you're right....it was a genius kick". Read it again.

Giantslayer - it didn't land too high up on the shin at all. If anything, too low. We are taught to drive the middle of the tibia into the body, whether muscle or bone or joint. This was a freak accident. He may have micro fractured it weeks ago doing calisthenics or something and the last night, boom.

Also, would whoever deleted some of the comments in this thread PM me? Thanks.

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
That was so brutal...finally he is done though! Great night of fights with the chicks having "the fight of the night" IMO :)

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Jenner, that brings up a great point. The females were without a doubt the worst fight of the night from a technique perspective. They were sloppy and emotional, but they brawled and were wild so people who don't know fighting, like it. Personally, I can't stand it. I watch it as a sport and a competition of skill, not as a spectacle. Night and day difference right now. Maybe in a decade or two......

extremevet

extremevet

MuscleHead
Oct 18, 2011
Weidman said after fight 1 he would be training kick checking.

"I knew coming into the fight that what he could hurt me most with was the leg kicks," Weidman said. "We trained checking the kick a lot. The idea is to pull your leg and for their shin to land at the knee. That's exactly what I did, and I felt his leg go right away."

I still think it was a sloppy kick as it was aiming for the knee to begin with and if you know someone is training that why would you throw a "75%" kick at their knee. Should have kept his kicks higher.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
You don't train how to check a kick so that it breaks someone's leg, lol. And you certainly don't avoid leg kicks because you heard the guy was training how to check them, lmao. Anderson would change nothing, Weidman did nothing to cause it, and this was a freak accident that reflects ZERO percent on the fighters' skills or choice of leg-kick-location.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Everyone in the UFC knows how to check kicks and some do and some don't. This was not some secret weapon. Checking kicks is taught the first week in muay thai and is never NOT drilled.

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
Jenner, that brings up a great point. The females were without a doubt the worst fight of the night from a technique perspective. They were sloppy and emotional, but they brawled and were wild so people who don't know fighting, like it. Personally, I can't stand it. I watch it as a sport and a competition of skill, not as a spectacle. Night and day difference right now. Maybe in a decade or two......

Well, we will just have to disagree on that one! They fought no different than the men and as far as skill, you might want to read up on Rhonda...she's no slouch :)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic