Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

Anavar and increased RHR

Sandi Perk

Sandi Perk

TID Lady Member
Jun 21, 2017
Has anyone experienced an increased resting heart rate while on Anavar? I’m about 8 days into my first cycle. 10mg/day.
My RHR went from 65 about a month ago to 75 the other day to 99 today. It’s back down to 89 now but still.

I know it’s within normal ranges but do you think this is something to worry about?

My BP was fine. 117/65 which is normal for me.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Anavar should not be causing much stress on the heart. Really none at all actually

How is your cardio conditioning? Stress levels? It's not likely the anavar.

Any history of cardiac events?

Sandi Perk

Sandi Perk

TID Lady Member
Jun 21, 2017
Anavar should not be causing much stress on the heart. Really none at all actually

How is your cardio conditioning? Stress levels? It's not likely the anavar.

Any history of cardiac events?

No history of cardiac events. I was in a super heavy bulk for 3 months and did like zero cardio though.
3 years ago my RHR was 40 but that was when I was into a lot of HIIT. I’m a super hard gainer so I’ve stopped with the cardio to try and keep all my calories and I suppose this is the result?

Maybe I’ll do some LISS cardio and just eat more to make up for it.

I do have issues with my iron and I know Var can inhibit the absorption of iron. Maybe that has something to do with it.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Issues with iron absorption from anavar is very rare and when it happens it's pretty serious. You could add an iron supplement but I wouldn't. It can cause some serious constipation and frankly that's worse for your gains lol

Start taking a walk here and there. Nothing crazy. Just get the heart pumping is all .

Sandi Perk

Sandi Perk

TID Lady Member
Jun 21, 2017
Issues with iron absorption from anavar is very rare and when it happens it's pretty serious. You could add an iron supplement but I wouldn't. It can cause some serious constipation and frankly that's worse for your gains lol

Start taking a walk here and there. Nothing crazy. Just get the heart pumping is all .

Thanks for the advice and I’ll be sure to follow it. I’m glad you don’t think it’s anything to really worry about.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Caffeine, sodium levels and hormones (Anavar) can all cause changes in heart rate, BP and water retention (which also can elevate HR). When you say Resting Heart rate, do you mean first thing upon waking? same time of day each day? 1hr of lying or sitting down without any exertion?

I ask because everything influences HR. Watch a scary movie...increases. Listen to relaxing 60bpm music...decreases. etc. If you are iron deficient, anemia could theoretically elevate HR, but Anavar would have a positive influence on HGB/HCT. Are you short of breath or experiencing and palpitations or chest pain? Do you get dizzy changing from seated to standing, lying to standing?

Sandi Perk

Sandi Perk

TID Lady Member
Jun 21, 2017
Caffeine, sodium levels and hormones (Anavar) can all cause changes in heart rate, BP and water retention (which also can elevate HR). When you say Resting Heart rate, do you mean first thing upon waking? same time of day each day? 1hr of lying or sitting down without any exertion?

I ask because everything influences HR. Watch a scary movie...increases. Listen to relaxing 60bpm music...decreases. etc. If you are iron deficient, anemia could theoretically elevate HR, but Anavar would have a positive influence on HGB/HCT. Are you short of breath or experiencing and palpitations or chest pain? Do you get dizzy changing from seated to standing, lying to standing?

It’s not first thing upon waking, no, so you make some valid points. I check at random times throughout the day and the highest today was about 2 hours after my workout. I just checked recently tonight and it was back down to 75bpm so maybe I’m just freaking out over nothing. This stuff is making me worry more than I usually do. Lol. I do normally get light headed when going from lying/sitting to standing and it’s no worse now than ever before. No shortness of breath or palpitations or chest pain... BP was 116/65 today. So, I dunno.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
WNL (within normal limits) is a range not a set number. I've got 10+ years ICU, ER and PACU (Surgical recover room) nursing experience. As long as HR is between 45-100, it's WNL. If you want to really be safe, take your waking HR everyday for 7days and average it. If you're in the 50-90 range you're perfectly fine :)

Sandi Perk

Sandi Perk

TID Lady Member
Jun 21, 2017
WNL (within normal limits) is a range not a set number. I've got 10+ years ICU, ER and PACU (Surgical recover room) nursing experience. As long as HR is between 45-100, it's WNL. If you want to really be safe, take your waking HR everyday for 7days and average it. If you're in the 50-90 range you're perfectly fine :)

Thank you! Waking HR was down to 62 this morning and I’ll keep track for a week and average it. Appreciate the helpful and quick advice from both of you. ❤️

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
@mikern your expertise is a huge asset to tid, thanks

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic