pbtom
What's New?

Anavar 101

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
Everything you need to know about Anavar
Note: I did not write this article, and was unable to find out who did. However,I thought it was a very good read.

BENEFITS

Anavar is a badass drug. This is why:

#1 - Vascularity
Oxandrolone will make you veiny as all hell. And quickly. Look out for brand new bulging forearms veins by around day 6. If you are following a cutting regimen, expect new spider webs in your chest, shoulders and quads by around day 21.

#2 - Pumps
When on var, the pumps are constant. Bored sitting in class/at work? Do some unweighted calf raises. After about three minutes, your calves will be ready to pop. Youll be doing something like drinking a cup of water, and after a minute of holding it, your bi will be completely full and pumped. You may have to cut some sets short in the gym due to the painful pumpage.

#3 - Strength
Even when cutting, you can expect new strength gains every workout after about day 14-21.

#4 - Fat Loss
Anavar has been shown to contribute to accelerated fat loss in both subcutaneous and visceral fat, concentrated effects in the abdomen and thigh area. And if youve used the drug, you can attest to this...if you cant sport the 6-8 pack look on var, its not gonna happen .

MYTHS

Myth #1 - Anavar will not suppress the HPTA.
False. Anavar, used in adequate dosages, will shut you down. To what degree you experience side effects of suppression (loss of libido, lethargy) is entirely dependent upon the individual and the dosages used.

Myth #2 - Var is a weak anabolic, and is not effective unless stacked with a more androgenic compound.
This could not be further from the truth. At dosages of 40mg a day and higher, anavar is incredibly effective at adding water free LBM. At around day 6-7, increased vascularity should become apparent (assuming your oxandrolone is legitimate in its dosing), and strength gains should start appearing around day 14.
If used during a clean bulk, gains of 10-20 pounds are possible. If cutting, you will maintain weight, or even put on 5-10 pounds (depending on the rate of fat loss/severity of diet). You will keep all of your gains with proper PCT.

Myth #3 - Anavar will not require any type of PCT.
This is one ive never understood. It's a pretty commonly known fact now that var is a suppressive compound. So why is it that some individuals still refuse to make a small investment in some clomid/nolva....this is your testicular function we're talking about. That said, PCT required for var is not as "heavy" as PCT for, say, a test/eq cycle. 15-20 days @ 50mg clomid should be sufficient.

LIBIDO

The only real issue of concern that i have found when running anavar alone is slight libido suppression. Anavar is suppressive enough to where you WILL feel a difference in your sex drive (and not for the better ) when using 40+mg a day. There are three options to counteract this.

#1 - Tribulus + Avena Sativa - Trib at 4-7g a day and Avena Sativa at 3-4g a day tend to help prevent any loss in performance or ability to get it up. However, using effective dosages is going to end up being as or more expensive than options 2 or 3...but its your call.

#2 - Proviron - If hairloss is an issue in your choice to use anavar, then you may want to avoid this one. But 25mg ED proviron, starting after week 2, will keep you rock hard. And it will help to harden up your muscles too .

#3 - Maintenance Test Dosage - Finally, you could choose to use testosterone to keep your willy in shape. At a dosage of around 200mg, split bi weekly, everything should keep running smoothly. Also, this will contribute to your gains much moreso than than options 1 or 2. I would keep nolva onhand on the off chance that you are severely gyno prone. Bloating should not be an issue at this dosage.

CYCLE

Anavar should be run @ at least 40mg a day to see all of the benefits it offers. Dosages upwards of 80mg have been shown to exhibit diminishing returns. Also, i cant imagine the intensity of the pumps at that kind of dosage.

Cycle #1
Anavar 40-50mg ED Weeks 1-8
Tribulus 5-8g ED Weeks 1-12
Avena Sativa 2-4g ED Weeks 1-12
Clomid 50mg ED Weeks 9-11

Cycle #2
Proviron 25mg ED Weeks 3-8

Cycle #3
Test Prop 50mg EOD Weeks 1-8

If bulking, Test Enanthate could be substituted for prop, and 100mg could be injected every 3-4 days...however, this could cause more bloating, and complicate PCT timing.

LIVER PROTECTION

Anavar is a 17 Alpha Alkylated steroid, and is toxic. It has been shown to be less toxic than other orals, and is even used as liver treatment for recovering alcoholics. Still, i would limit my time using it to 8 weeks, 10 at the most.

It would be beneficial to you liver to use several different OTC supplements during, and perhaps after your cycle. A few preventive measures never hurt anyone .

1 - Milk Thistle
The classic liver protectant herb.supposedly works by blocking the entrance of harmful substances to liver cells, and hastening their expulsion. Make sure there is a high standardization of Silymarin

2 - R ALA
A powerful antioxidant

3 - NAC
Supports liver function and production of l-glutathione

4 - Vitamin C and E
Antioxidants

5 - LOADS of water
Helps to flush out your entire system

LIPID PROTECTION

Anavar isnt going to kill your cholesterol levels like some drugs (winny being one of the worst), but it may put your LDL/HDL profiles outside of the normal range. There are a few things that help, but as long as your not using 60+mg daily or running it for more than 10 weeks, i would just use flax...

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
Personally in my own experience I feel 50mg-60mg Var everyday is an ideal dose.
I have experience using doses above 60mg Var, and it lead to too many unnecessary side effects such as:

- Nausea
- Extreme Lethargy
- Lowered libido
- Stomach upset
- Fatigue and needing more sleep
- Suppressed Appetite

IMO, if you have good quality var you don't have to go over 60mg per day. I have no idea how guys handle the sides at over 60mg per day, unless they are using underdosed var, or a bunk product. The constant feelings of upset stomach and nausea was enough of a sign to me to lower my dose.

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
Upset stomach and/or heartburn seem to be very prevalent at the higher dose range. I also think the 60mg ED seems to be the breaking point. I've done it at 90mg ED and LOVED the vascularity, but hated the fatigue. With a sufficient test dosage, this is usually not a problem.

I'm not liking the sentence, "If used during a clean bulk, gains of 10-20 pounds are possible." I think that is very misleading. Even when running a good amount of test with Var I think 10-20 lbs on a "clean bulk" would be hard to achieve. Now, for all out bulking that's definitely possible. But, in that case I would rather run dbol than Anavar.

pux888

pux888

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2010
Anavar is an amazing compound, for me 40-50 mg/day is the line between results and just more pronounced side effects. Strength and vascularity were through the roof.

P

PPL Pounder

Sep 16, 2010
I have always heard that no oral steroid should be taken for more than 4 weeks. True? Also, why the hell is it so damn expensive?

Deacon

Deacon

Old School Meso Vet
Oct 29, 2010
running var alone is really not the way to do it - var when used wisely in a good stack has merit but a var opnly cycle is nothing more than a mental crutch - there is no way you add 10-20 pounds of mass on a var only cycle no matter the dose - use var with a well designed stack

drew

drew

Dec 3, 2010
I ran var and winstrol along with cut stack and at 60mg/60mg var/winny the complement each other nicely.Some labs are making stanavar
Running 2 aa-17 orals is stressful on the liver but anavar being a lesser evil in that matter you can get away with stacking it with other orals.
I was lean and mean,vascular,dry and hard as a rock.

Anavar is a very good compound and my sweet spot I found was 60-80mg

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
Winny is okay, though it kills my joints. In particular, my elbows and wrists when I start lifting heavy.

I ran var and winstrol along with cut stack and at 60mg/60mg var/winny the complement each other nicely.Some labs are making stanavar
Running 2 aa-17 orals is stressful on the liver but anavar being a lesser evil in that matter you can get away with stacking it with other orals.
I was lean and mean,vascular,dry and hard as a rock.

Anavar is a very good compound and my sweet spot I found was 60-80mg

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
Very good read. I feel var is the shit. I love car. Var is one of the best compounds out there. Thanks for the article in this!

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
Good post Rider- thanks, goes nicely with chromes vascularity thread too

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic