Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Anabolic window

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
So over the years, all we had were short term studies. This lead us to believe that the anabolic window has been only 45 mins long. With more studies, and long term analysis, we found that the anablic window, is in fact, 24 HOURS long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73G3NQZi9NE

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
LMAO yes based upon his impressive physique he sure knows all...............

Time and again we have run into this soon II will be here to defend "science" and then the fun will begin, EVERY big mofo I have EVER met including JAy C at a GNC convention in Vegas states that a post workout protein shake followed by a real meal within and hour or so is the way to go.

If your goals are to look like the guy in the vid then by all means take his advice, but if you want to get big then listen to the big guys:)

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Unfortunately, Alan Aragon's web page is subscription only, and his vids have almost all been taken down from youtube for that reason. He has all kinds of case studies etc, and is turning the nutrition world upside down because of it contradicting so much of how we used to think. For instance, sugar is ok in a diet when you are cutting! The insulin response we get from it, so long as macros are within normal limits, doesn't have the impact on fat loss or fat gain that we once thought either.

That might be for another thread though. I'll get some more data and resources for that one and post up another discussion.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
LMAO yes based upon his impressive physique he sure knows all...............

Time and again we have run into this soon II will be here to defend "science" and then the fun will begin, EVERY big mofo I have EVER met including JAy C at a GNC convention in Vegas states that a post workout protein shake followed by a real meal within and hour or so is the way to go.

If your goals are to look like the guy in the vid then by all means take his advice, but if you want to get big then listen to the big guys:)

You do know that most elite athletes, pros included, use guys like Alan for their diets, right?

With an attitude like this though, you have already made up your mind, so I won't bother arguing with you. This is also the first go to argument that a lot of guys who don't want to bother learning anything new will use too.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Unfortunately, Alan Aragon's web page is subscription only, and his vids have almost all been taken down from youtube for that reason. He has all kinds of case studies etc, and is turning the nutrition world upside down because of it contradicting so much of how we used to think. For instance, sugar is ok in a diet when you are cutting! The insulin response we get from it, so long as macros are within normal limits, doesn't have the impact on fat loss or fat gain that we once thought either.

That might be for another thread though. I'll get some more data and resources for that one and post up another discussion.
You're wasting your time with some folks here shortz. Guys the size of Cutler eat 24 hours a day. Of course they have a shake after their workout lol. I do too most of the time but I'm not afraid of going catabolic if I don't.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
You do know that most elite athletes, pros included, use guys like Alan for their diets, right?

With an attitude like this though, you have already made up your mind, so I won't bother arguing with you. This is also the first go to argument that a lot of guys who don't want to bother learning anything new will use too.

Well, I am sorry you see it that way but once again the "science vs bro-science" arguments can go on forever, I appreciate your thought behind the post and respect your opinion, I hope you can do the same.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
You're wasting your time with some folks here shortz. Guys the size of Cutler eat 24 hours a day. Of course they have a shake after their workout lol. I do too most of the time but I'm not afraid of going catabolic if I don't.

Well, I can understand why they eat so often...if i had to eat that much food, I would do the same. No way you can sit down and eat that much food in three meals. Your stomach/GI system would be jacked! My school of thought is, eat how you're comfortable. I can consume all of my calories in 3 meals, and I don't have to stress the rest of the day about "OMG, I have to rush home to eat or I missed my 3 hour mark!". That sucked, and it wasn't motivating at all. These days, I focus eating really, really good, for those three meals, and results have been nothing short of amazing.

You're probably right though. I'll save these discussions for another place.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I don't have shakes and haven't in quite some time. I get all of my calories from whole food and chocolate milk. When I'm bulking, I absolutely have to eat every 4ish hours or I won't get enough calories. If you are happy being small(er), lean(er), normal(er?), then don't worry about it. We all have enough stress in our lives without stressing about food timing and macros.

Wanna get big/strong? Eat more.
Wanna be normal? Eat normal.

Now don't get all butt-hurt because I'll eventually cut down to 240ish for health reasons and I'll consider myself normal. As it is, I'm not huge, but I'm certainly not able to maintain my size by eating three meals a day.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I'm butt hurt that I can't be 240 and cut :D

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic