Members
Latest Member
Douglas S
What's New?

Anabolic window post work out

U

uniquetouch

Jan 1, 2023
Hey guys trying to see when the best time to eat post workout. Read a bunch of different things and one big post a read was on a study that said your anabolic window doesn’t begin until you eat something. So even if you wait 24 hrs to eat post work out it doesn’t start until you eat something no matter the amount to time. Do you guys agree? Just want to maximize my protein intakes. Thank you for your expertise

rAJJIN

rAJJIN

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 30, 2011
I take a shaker pre-loaded with two scoops of whey. After the work out I have it rite away.

I worry more about the number at the end of the day more so than any windows or magic timing. Maybe different if your using insulin

U

uniquetouch

Jan 1, 2023
I take a shaker pre-loaded with two scoops of whey. After the work out I have it rite away.

I worry more about the number at the end of the day more so than any windows or magic timing. Maybe different if your using insulin
Thank you. That’s what I’m going to do. I’m no body builder just want the best results

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
Post workout is the only time I will hit simple sugars. Immediately following a workout I will pop about 10 skittles. I bring a thermos drink off pasteurized eggwhites and yogurt drink mix. Then I will eat a cliff bar. This is after the pre workout drink prior to and during the workout. I always include Electrolyte powder in the drink or as some baking soda or sea salt. Don't eat a solid meal for two hours. I want reseed with simple proteins and sugars that don't expend excess energy on complex proteins and carb digetion.

U

uniquetouch

Jan 1, 2023
Thank you for the info. This stuff is foreign to me to understand. Now I feel like before I ruptured my bicep tendon 5 months ago I was getting strong as hell from lifting but didn’t put much size on during that 1.5 years of hard training. Feel like the cardio I was doing right after I was done lifting hard and heavy and not eating at the right times hindered my muscle growth

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
Thank you for the info. This stuff is foreign to me to understand. Now I feel like before I ruptured my bicep tendon 5 months ago I was getting strong as hell from lifting but didn’t put much size on during that 1.5 years of hard training. Feel like the cardio I was doing right after I was done lifting hard and heavy and not eating at the right times hindered my muscle growth
Just curious how old are you.
If you haven't been lifting long you have a great journey ahead even for those starting later than us that started as teens.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Damn you're optimistic, MG. I'm 50. My training age is only like a little over 4 years. I wouldn't say it's been a great journey. But I will say for the context of this thread, I did not start really getting any results until I started logging every bit of food and making sure I was getting plenty of protein. I was way off from getting enough before starting to take diet seriously. Definitely wasn't consistent about it.

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
I have never understood what “anabolic window” means. The people who adhere to it seem to think that their body won’t repair and recover from their Friday workout unless they eat within twenty minutes of finishing their Friday workout. Never mind that if they are trained hard on Friday they are still recovering on Friday from their Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday workouts.

That’s why people eat 4-6 meals of protein a day. Not because of any anabolic window, but because when you are working out hard your body is in a constant state of repair and recovery, from this workout and previous ones, and if you are doing it right, once it completes its recovery, your body engages in some super compensation too.

Just my take on it. Which is why I’m always trying to push down 40 grams of protein every few hours. But that has nothing to do with any magic “window.”

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
When you have a far bit of muscle you can "feel" the anabolic window. Train your balls off and then have a good meal within an hour. You will feel a pump in your muscles. That's your body delivering those nutrients. It is more noticable if your insulin sensitivity is up.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I drink 20 or so grams of whey isolate within 15-20 minutes after training then eat a meal 30-40 minutes after that. Honestly unless you are really serious the difference between perfect food timing and not is not a whole big deal for most of us.

Easy enough to drink your PWO shake within 20 minutes and you will be golden Then eat food whenever. Do not over think this stuff.

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011

Agree as far as total number... Poliquin was really big on getting whey in asap after exercise largely I believe to get the leucine in to "turn on" mTOR.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic