Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Anabolic Diet vs Palumbo Diet

A

anabolicsupp

I plan on starting a cut with in the next week and ive decided to chose out of these two diets. im curious to see what other members think of these 2 diets ive picked . Pros/cons, faster weightloss, easier to follow etc.... hopefully this thread makes some interesting arguments and lists valuable knowledge

PozzSka

PozzSka

Sep 15, 2010
I've done Palumbo's, but I feel like I got too weak.

I like to use Carb-Cycling, a la Troponin.

T

Triax

Sep 23, 2010
I think it is a matter of trying the different diets out there and getting to know your body.There are a lot of things that go into it.Me personally I go around 2000 calories over 8 "meals"..Some of these may be a protien rtd.I try to keep my protien around 400 grams and my carbs under 50.Then every week and a half to 2 weeks I have a carb load day sometimes 2 in a row.Then right back at it.This approach works great for me but it is very hard to get used to having your carbs that low and still getting in your cardio and all your work outs.I never miss either but I just keep it simple and eat the same thing every day at the same times. I also workout at the same time every day.

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
Carbs are vey important to me. I am a huge believer in replenishing glycogen stores every few days in order to keep my workouts strong and my cardio up. I've read a few articles recently saying that building up glycogen stores is "overrated" or can be done easier than one thinks. But, seriously, what are they trying to advocate? That you can get by with an all protein diet. Carbs have been viewed by the general public as "bad" since the Atkins fling. The problem is, the carbs that are "bad" like simple sugars give all the good carbs a bad name as well. Pasta is one of my favorite refueling carbs. When I'm low on energy or need a boost a few hours before a tough workout, I'll slam a big bowl of pasta with some olive oil and a little romano cheese. After I'm finished with the workout, It doesn't even feel like I ate anything. It's all about timing your meals and making them count. The biggest problem for most people is time and convenience. Well, I would say to them, find the time to be convenient....don't give in to the "snacks" that are single handedly making us the fattest nation on earth. Sure, it's fine to eat all day long, but not "snack" on flaming hot cheetos and twinkies. Need an energy drink? Eat some fruit instead if you're craving those simple sugars. You can change your diet, your body will begin to crave good food if that's what you start to fuel it with.

I believe that all diets should start with a "cleansing" phase. People are so instant gratification driven these days that it jus makes sense. A good bit of weight can be lost in the first period of a "diet" while eating foods high in fiber combined with the use of digestive enzymes. Unless you have a ridiculously high metabolism to begin with, Digestive Enzymes can be your best friend...cutting and bulking!

Ok, I'm done ranting...seriously, look into a bunch of different options and mix and match. Not every diet plan is a one size fits all deal. You have to pick and choose what you think you can handle. Because, in reality, "If you're on a diet, you're just in it to try it"...."Make eating good a lifestyle, and you'll hang around awhile"

Cheers

B

bigjoey

Sep 18, 2010
Ok you didnt give some information that is need to best guide you as to which diet to try. the anabolic diet and dave palumbos diets are both variations of a diet called the ketogenic diet. that was designed to help people with a seizure disorder control them by regulationg the carb cycles. if your looking to drop fat rather than do one diet try adjusting your carb sources changing your cardio and add in some basic supps. i just did a 7 week cut look great and didnt follow a particular diet name. I can post it here if you want . it's not that hard.

T

Triax

Sep 23, 2010
I think to each their own.You need to get to really know your body.I forgot to mention that I am getting ready for a bodybuilding show.If I wasnt their is no way in hell I'd use the approach I currently am.It works for getting me shredded but I am not nearly as strong as I usually am.

A

Arslan230

Jun 19, 2014
I prefer palumbo diet that is useful for health.

S

SugarFree

Feb 23, 2012
I havent done both to make a comparison between the two. But I have followed the anabolic solution with bodpod body fat testing throughout and seen very good results with very little to no muscle loss.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
What are the big differences?

TNCOWBOY

TNCOWBOY

Jan 21, 2014
Ok you didnt give some information that is need to best guide you as to which diet to try. the anabolic diet and dave palumbos diets are both variations of a diet called the ketogenic diet. that was designed to help people with a seizure disorder control them by regulationg the carb cycles. if your looking to drop fat rather than do one diet try adjusting your carb sources changing your cardio and add in some basic supps. i just did a 7 week cut look great and didnt follow a particular diet name. I can post it here if you want . it's not that hard.

Please post. Would like to see it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic