Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Ambien and Test?

L

Liftingdad

Apr 8, 2019
Hey Guys,
I'm about to start TRT. Wondering if anyone has experience with ambien during TRT. I've stopped the ambien preemptively and waiting to hear back from my doc about it. Any experience appreciated.
Thanks!!

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
There is an FDA study that was done (patient reported anecdotal evidence) of a decrease in Testosterone after 5-10yrs on Ambien.

The only problem with the results of the study is that the mean age reporting decreases was 60. Your testosterone from 55-60 would drop anyway so as they say: "Correlation does not imply causation"

Youre using exogenous testosterone so that itself will decrease natural testosterone production. So as long as the Ambien is well tolerated otherwise...it won't effect the outcome of TRT.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Hubs uses both. No issues/probs there.

L

Liftingdad

Apr 8, 2019
There is an FDA study that was done (patient reported anecdotal evidence) of a decrease in Testosterone after 5-10yrs on Ambien.

The only problem with the results of the study is that the mean age reporting decreases was 60. Your testosterone from 55-60 would drop anyway so as they say: "Correlation does not imply causation"

Youre using exogenous testosterone so that itself will decrease natural testosterone production. So as long as the Ambien is well tolerated otherwise...it won't effect the outcome of TRT.

Thanks for the info! My only major sides from ambien is waking up in the middle of the night and slamming junkfood, not realizing it until I wake up in the morning with crumbs all over me and the bed.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Thanks for the info! My only major sides from ambien is waking up in the middle of the night and slamming junkfood, not realizing it until I wake up in the morning with crumbs all over me and the bed.
Ah, sleep eating at it's best

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I mix em nightly
no worries at all

Determined

Determined

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2012
I def woke up and ate not remembering when I was dieting down using ambien to sleep bc of insomnia

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
I have used Ambien while on test with no problems.

Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
He likes when you wake up in the back of his '87 Mustang with no pants on bro.
I’m used to it. Sometimes I’m not even knocked out. I just stay quiet and enjoy it.

I’m always “passing out” on my last set of heavy squats.....

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic