Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Always Add Proviron Into Your Cycle

guss

guss

MuscleHead
Aug 11, 2010
Proviron is an interesting and often overlooked bodybuilding drug. It’s an orally active form of DHT (Dihydrotestosterone) and as such, a proviron cycle delivers all the good and all the bad that DHT has to offer the bodybuilder.

As for the good, DHT from a Proviron cycle is a pure androgen, but unlike testosterone, DHT doesn’t cause any water retention. DHT is what makes muscle “hard.” And it lowers SHBG (Sex hormone Binding Globulin) which prevents estrogen from forming. By preventing estrogen from forming, DHT can be used to prevent the aromatization of other steroids. This means that DHT from a proviron cycle can keep steroids in the testosterone family from converting to estrogen and causing in men estrogen related side effects like gynecomastia. DHT also contributes to erectile rigidity. All good stuff! There are drawbacks however, most notably prostate hypertrophy and hair loss. So one may say DHT is pure maleness.

n the past, DHT was regarded as the “bad” form of testosterone and there have been many products available to reduce it. For example, Proscar slows hair loss by reducing DHT, but it also lowers the desirable aspect, mentioned above, that DHT brings. One of the side effects of Proscar is possible impotence, so pick your poison.

So, we know DHT can be tricky and we know we need it. But, where does Proviron fall into the equation? Well, proviron can be a nice addition to any cycle for a variety of reasons. Since it lowers SHBG it allows for more total testosterone to become bioavailable. Up to 90% of testosterone, be it natural or administered, remains in a “bound” state (due to SHBG) rendering it useless for building muscle. Proviron releases more active testosterone into the bloodstream so you can get more of its benefits.

Proviron also works well as an anti estrogen, in fact, it’s superior to most traditional anti e’s such as Nolvadex because there is no rebound effect. Instead of removing estrogen, proviron prevents the formation of estrogen in the first place.

Proviron is excellent for contest preparation because it adds density and definition. You see, androgen receptors are found in your fat cells as well as muscle cells and DHT binds so well that there’s a distinct fat burning effect from its use.

Many people use Proviron in between cycles to maintain muscle gains and libido. However, DHT will not do much in regard to maintaining muscle. And as with any drug, a tolerance is developed over time so using Proviron to help a lagging libido will just add to further suppression once the use of the drug has ceased.

The main downside of Proviron is that since it contains no anabolic properties, it will not result in much muscle growth if used alone. It truly is a “kicker” to other steroids, most notably testosterone. And although it doesn’t cause water retention, it can increase blood pressure. DHT can also increase irritability if duration exceeds more than a few weeks.

There have recently been advances in natural alternatives to Proviron. Avenacosides have been shown to lower SHBG and to raise free testosterone by as much as 20%. Since Proviron is used mostly as an ancillary substance and does not have much of an effect of actual growth, more and more people are opting to go the natural route. Although Avenacosides won’t work quite as well, they are effective and can be used in conjunction with a lower dose of Proviron for an even more powerful muscle hardening/libido enhancing effect.

Dosage: avg 50-75mg per day

G

Greenmonster

Sep 28, 2010
I wont run a cycle without it. It makes me shed but it comes back afterward when I come off. If it doesnt, then fuck it hair is overrated anyway. LOL Not to mention I can drive nails with my johnson. Seriously though the SHBG effect is the first reason I run it. I did a test one time and started it 8wks into a 16wk cycle, and within 2wks the differences were phenomenal.

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
proviron at 100mg a day will give you the ability to fuck women straight through walls....if you're into that sort of thing.

Mindlesswork

Mindlesswork

Crusty Poo Butt
Sep 21, 2010
proviron at 100mg a day will give you the ability to fuck women straight through walls....if you're into that sort of thing.

And you say that from actual experience? :p

M

maintain

Sep 28, 2010
I run proviron every cycle, love it. It seems I am able to manage estrogen levels better with it, I know exactly what dose of proviron I need at what dose of test Im running. And thats a great thing cuz before I ever tried it Id be like week 10 into a cycle and UH-OH is this a gyno flareup? Damn, how much nolva do I need to knock it down? Letro? Should I start taking clomid? But for me a steady dose of proviron does wonders.

J

Jrhodez

Sep 28, 2010
WHy not just run mast, get shredded up and help prevent ersers :D

G

Greenmonster

Sep 28, 2010
Mast will really only be effective if you have a really low bf to start with. Like >10% or so. If I am going to be pinning extra oil on top of the 3ml I do every time, then I want some bang for my buck. Most run it when they are about 4-6wks out from a show as a finisher. I run tren anyway. I get the same cutting and nutrient repartitioning with more lbm gain. Mast is usually really expensive to run compared to proviron. I have ran mast prop before and I honestly like tren 10x better.

Dangling Unit

Dangling Unit

MuscleHead
Jan 2, 2011
Mast will really only be effective if you have a really low bf to start with. Like >10% or so. If I am going to be pinning extra oil on top of the 3ml I do every time, then I want some bang for my buck. Most run it when they are about 4-6wks out from a show as a finisher. I run tren anyway. I get the same cutting and nutrient repartitioning with more lbm gain. Mast is usually really expensive to run compared to proviron. I have ran mast prop before and I honestly like tren 10x better.

Please provide cites on why Masteron only works with low body fat. Does the chemical get into your body, assess your fat content, and decide to work based on that?

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
Please provide cites on why Masteron only works with low body fat. Does the chemical get into your body, assess your fat content, and decide to work based on that?

I think what he means is beacuse Mast is also a DHT derivative that it works to harden the muscle but not really add any size. It's also not going to cause dramatic leaning like tren can. Someone with 20% BF may get added sex drive and their muscles may feel harder and their aggression may be increased, but they probably won't see much in the form of visual results. Whereas, someone who's got some abs showing through will see the visual effects on a much greater level.

I think the SHBG factor for proviron is vastly overlooked. I've never had a problem with hairloss while on provi so I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. The drug taken by itself is nearly worthless and don't expect to get any visible results directly from taking it. But, as aforementioned, it can increase the effectiveness of other AAS like testosterone.

As far as being an "estrogen blocker" proviron is a very weak one. This is probably because in itself it does not aromatize but does not concentrate on causing other AAS to do the same. Yes, it will help with water retention slightly, but if it supposedly "free's up" more testosterone for your system to use, there is the potential for more aromatization. If proviron was VERY effective at controlling water retention then we wouldn't even mess around with rather toxic stuff like arimidex and Nolva.

I just wish the stuff wasn't so expensive! lol

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010
I still remember reading that proviron is still suppressive @ a dose of 100mg a day.

shibs

shibs

Jan 18, 2011
Good read, i'm throwing this in at 50mg ed weeks 6-12 of my cycle. I'm looking forward to the "erectile rigidity" :)

BLTC

BLTC

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2010
wouldn't adding a supp that converts to dht (stroll?) accomplish the same thing but to a lesser degree ?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic